• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

barclaycard via. mercers, mkdp now robinson way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barclaycard via. mercers, mkdp now robinson way

barclaycard opened 2003. defaulted dec 2012.
    cca to mercers jan 2013.
    think i got a response but argued was not compliant. [had other debts so may not have been them that replied and i argue with].
    mdka then sent statement of account dec 2014.
    robinson way then sent me an offer of 50% feb 2016.
    another letter april 16 saying they see i have activity which shows improved credit status [i wish.... my status is shot.]

i am about to respond this time to robinsons.
    should i just refer them back to my original cca request to mercers?

any thoughts please?

thanks.
    [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
    hope you dont mind me tagging you, but you have been very helpful to me
    Tags: None

Re: barclaycard via. mercers, mkdp now robinson way

Originally posted by Scousebird333 View Post
    barclaycard opened 2003. defaulted dec 2012.
    cca to mercers jan 2013.
    think i got a response but argued was not compliant. [had other debts so may not have been them that replied and i argue with].
    mdka then sent statement of account dec 2014.
    robinson way then sent me an offer of 50% feb 2016.
    another letter april 16 saying they see i have activity which shows improved credit status [i wish.... my status is shot.]

i am about to respond this time to robinsons.
    should i just refer them back to my original cca request to mercers?

any thoughts please?

thanks.
    @nemesis45
    hope you dont mind me tagging you, but you have been very helpful to me
    Happy to help!!
    No just make the new request.

Did you receive a DN and was it from BC or was it on Mercers letter head?

nem

Comment

Re: barclaycard via. mercers, mkdp now robinson way

cant remember to be honest.
      i know that mercers were saying that b/c had complied and sent me info. THEY HADN'T !!
      they then said dispute resolution exhausted and try ombudsman - or words like that. such long time ago.

mercers letter dec 14, was an a statement of balance. [which was £400 more than cc default - which was part of my dispute etc as i argued that not only had they not complied with my CCA but they had added unofficial charges which i had no way of reviewing etc as they hadnt provided paperwork.

robinsonsway are on behalf of HPH2. so presume mercers has sold or become HPH2?

i think i will respond saying account still in dispute and enc. copy letter from when i requested CCA etc.
      does that sound about right?

thx again.

Comment

Back Again ! managed to sort majority of my debt stuff out, resulting in paying some debts off completely or pay plan for 2 others.
        This one dropped off my credit file, after being registered with Hoist, and I heard no more.
        Until now.
        contacted via email by Lowells saying contact them to make arrangements to pay. 2wk later, 2nd email saying if no contact they would start to contact me via post and other means [veiled heaviness]. now a letter has arrived!
        as per my previous posts this defaulted Dec 2012. SAR and disputed then all went quiet 2016.

So my question is can I just respond and advise out of time/statute barred?
        don't want to give any indication of acknowledgement.

thanks again in advance :-)

[FYI Lowells have my email as they are handling one of my payplans]

Comment

Back Again ! managed to sort majority of my debt stuff out, resulting in paying some debts off completely or pay plan for 2 others.
          This one dropped off my credit file, after being registered with Hoist, and I heard no more.
          Until now.
          contacted via email by Lowells saying contact them to make arrangements to pay. 2wk later, 2nd email saying if no contact they would start to contact me via post and other means [veiled heaviness]. now a letter has arrived!
          as per my previous posts this defaulted Dec 2012. SAR and disputed then all went quiet 2016.

So my question is can I just respond and advise out of time/statute barred?
          don't want to give any indication of acknowledgement.

thanks again in advance :-)

[FYI Lowells have my email as they are handling one of my payplans]
          If you haven't made payments or acknowledged the debt in writing in the last 6 years (and there is no CCJ) then the debt is Statute Barred.

Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

So its recommended to send by post? Rather than respond to email ?

defo no ccj. No payments. No communication since 2016.

thanks.

Comment

So its recommended to send by post? Rather than respond to email ?

defo no ccj. No payments. No communication since 2016.

thanks.
              You can email it, you should get an auto response, then an office response.

Update, when you get a response.

Comment

just an update, as really appreciated everyone's help/advice etc. life events overtook [mum's declining health] so didn't respond to any letters or emails in the end, so all went quiet most of November/December. then i got an email end December advising:

"We recently reviewed your account and decided to take no further action to recover the balance. We have closed the account."
                also the box where it shows the information, original creditor amount etc, has been changed to £0.

i know it was defo statue barred, but still a worry that they may have tried to press for a legal route - so some relief that it has been closed and £0. i will keep the email as evidence in case it gets sold on... again...
                thanks again everyone.

Comment

Well done, good result.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X