• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Next of kin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next of kin

Hi, hopefully I have posted in the right place.
    My Mum has suffered a brain bleed last week & is at present in a coma. We have no idea if she will wake, let alone recover. The problem is, Mum never appointed anyone to deal with her affairs, so as it stands, my sister, brother & I, have no idea as to what we can legally do for her. She lives alone & was working full time. We need to cancel car insurance & inform banks, council tax etc, are we allowed in law to do this? We are only looking to reduce her outgoing whilst she is in hospital. Hopefully all will be restarted if & when she is able to make her own decisions. She is unable to give permission to any of us at the moment, but we need to avoid any financial difficulty for her or the prospect of her losing her home. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Next of kin

Hi and welcome and so sorry about the situation with your mum and that she does recover totally.

You can apply to the Court of Protection all the info and the forms you will need are on that site, you or more than one of you can apply to be deputy to look after mums affairs. Also an urgent or emergency application if you feel this is applicable.
    Hoping all goes well for you and your mum.
    Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X