• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Agreements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Agreements

Can someone please advise???

I have a number of CCAs now and some of them DO appear not to have all the prescribed terms.

Can someone (Curlyben possibly or Amethyst) please let me know what to do next and how to identify whether they are enforceable or not.

Thanx
    Jax

Comment

Re: Credit Card Agreements - LLOYDS

I have so far 8 replies to my CCA requests and will post them one by one here.

I am hoping possibly Curlyben will be able to tell me whether or not they constitute enforceable agreements.

I have uploaded EVERYTHING I received - just 2 sheets of paper - no covering letter!

jax

Comment

Re: Credit Card Agreements

Hmmmmm.
        So this is a mailer application that has lost alot in copying.

Now under SI 1983/1557 it should be clearly readable, this isn't.

Originally posted by SI 1983/1557
        The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 SI No. 1557

Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms
        2.-(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the colour of the paper
        It is difficult to tell if the required terms are indeed present, but they do appear to be in the T&C sheet.

Now the real question here is, where the T&C included with the application upon signature, as there doesn't appear to be any reference to them in the signature document.

So, overall, I would say this is a borderline CCA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X