• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Letter Of Claim BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter Of Claim BW Legal

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I read it on this thread http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ht=#post651065 post #6 from Nem

Comment

Ok stu

nem is right; 12 + 2 days is the deemed time, as the '2 days' cover CPR 6 document service requirements.

(This is the time deemed by law unless other evidence of actual delivery can be proven).

However, as Amethyst has pointed out, a day or two difference will not matter too much.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Is it a new court process where they don't contact ourselves to acknowledge receipt of defence?? I'd not heard anything so today phoned the business centre and they stated all is as should be but we don't acknowledge receipt of the defence and I should just wait for the claimant's solicitors to make contact ...

Comment

*Anybody*

Should I have received an acknowledgment for my defence from the court?

Comment

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
            *Anybody*

Should I have received an acknowledgment for my defence from the court?
            I'm not aware of that change other defences have been acknowledged and confirmed as served on the claimant very recently.

Nothing much you can do until the claimant responds (they have 28 days) if you don't get a response you will have to phone the court Stu it may be that the court has stayed the claim because the claimant has not filed anything ( you are Not informed when this happens.

nem

nem

Comment

Update...

I received a letter from BW Legal yesterday stating... "We write with reference to the above matter..
              Our client intends to continue with the claim..
              we have filed notice of our intentions to proceed with the court."

I have been keeping in touch with the court's myself over the last few days and as of yesterday the claim became stayed, have they missed their opportunity to respond without further charges to themselves ?...

What is my next move?

Comment

If been stayed then they have to pay a fee to lift a stay!

Comment

What is the cost of the fee... ?

Can I request now the claim be struck out! (Not sure of the process at this point)

Comment

It may be they have just snuck in under the wire so I'd give it a bit and see what the court says.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes do not rush for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        It may be they have just snuck in under the wire so I'd give it a bit and see what the court says.
                        So it may not be stayed after all even though the court has said so...

Comment

Well again today I have contacted the courts and the claim IS definatly stayed, and they have said they will have to make an application to lift the stay...

Could it still be as @Amethyst has said that this might not be the case? how long is best to wait to apply for a strikeout?

Comment

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
                            Well again today I have contacted the courts and the claim IS definatly stayed, and they have said they will have to make an application to lift the stay...

Could it still be as @Amethyst has said that this might not be the case? how long is best to wait to apply for a strikeout?
                            Hello Stu,

Do you know the date the stay was put in place?

The claimant as said must pay a fee to lift the stay.

When you feel ready to do so send BW Legal something along the lines of.

BW Legal

Date:##

Ref: CC Claim No. : Status: Stayed on Date.

Sir/ Madam

I refer to the above mentioned claim issued on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. on date:

It now appears that your client has no reasonable prospect of carrying this claim forward to a conclusion.

I now therefore suggest BW Legal refers the matter to its client advising that they should discontinue the claim in the interest of saving costs and court time.

Should Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd decide not to discontinue the claim I will make application to the court for the claim to be struck and the costs of the application to be paid by Lowell.

A prompt response would be appreciated.

Yours etc.

Send by signed for post check delivery date and signature.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              Hello Stu,

Do you know the date the stay was put in place?

The claimant as said must pay a fee to lift the stay.

When you feel ready to do so send BW Legal something along the lines of.

BW Legal

Date:##

Ref: CC Claim No. : Status: Stayed on Date.

Sir/ Madam

I refer to the above mentioned claim issued on behalf of Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. on date:

It now appears that your client has no reasonable prospect of carrying this claim forward to a conclusion.

I now therefore suggest BW Legal refers the matter to its client advising that they should discontinue the claim in the interest of saving costs and court time.

Should Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd decide not to discontinue the claim I will make application to the court for the claim to be struck and the costs of the application to be paid by Lowell.

A prompt response would be appreciated.

Yours etc.

Send by signed for post check delivery date and signature.

nem
                              Hi [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION] the stay was put in place on Monday the 4th..

That response sounds brilliant nem I'll get on that today and sent recorded first thing in morning...

Comment

Does MCOL update its system to show the claim is Stayed people??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X