• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP ( Primark ) - Help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RLP ( Primark ) - Help!!!

Yes my stealing is wrong. No RLP do not have any right to demand money. No it is not a fine . Fine can only be imposed by the authorities. Ignore them completely. Do not send them money it only encourages them . If you a guilty conscience then make a donation to charity. There are lots of deserving ones out there but perhaps an offender rehabilitation charity might assauge your conscience.

Comment

[MENTION=84600]samantha_j[/MENTION]

Apologies if my post caused you further distress; you obviously, as [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] correctly pointed out, misconstrued my intention.

To clarify, on the one hand you may be feeling a little guilty about your 'indiscretion'.

On the other hand you have some nasty, evil bar stewards who are willing to exploit those feelings for their own financial gain & trust that you are ignorant of the law in these matters.

If it were me, I would look at 'this' hand, then look at 'that' hand, then I would squish the bigger offender like a bug!

But that's me!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        [MENTION=84600]samantha_j[/MENTION]

Apologies if my post caused you further distress; you obviously, as [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] correctly pointed out, misconstrued my intention.

To clarify, on the one hand you may be feeling a little guilty about your 'indiscretion'.

On the other hand you have some nasty, evil bar stewards who are willing to exploit those feelings for their own financial gain & trust that you are ignorant of the law in these matters.

If it were me, I would look at 'this' hand, then look at 'that' hand, then I would squish the bigger offender like a bug!

But that's me!

Lol!! Thanks..

I am
        Still worried about when will I get the letter and how much would the amount be..
        I hope it's not an obnoxious amount like £500...

I would literally die!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samantha_j View Post
          Lol!! Thanks..

I am
          Still worried about when will I get the letter and how much would the amount be..
          I hope it's not an obnoxious amount like £500...

I would literally die!!!
          IMHO
          RLP is like a mosquito; they make loud, whiny noises, irritating as hell but, as long as you don't allow them to get to you, they can't harm you.
          Squish them with the 'Oxford' slipper!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Why worry about the amount when you won't be paying it?

From what's been on here it's often an odd ball amount like £183. Look around for other threads.

They cannot fine you, they can't charge you. They can only write letters with lots of large characters with lots of red ink.

Search around for "RLP Oxford" and see what happened when they tried taking two people to court for the same thing. The judge sort of hauled them over the coals and they left with their tail between their legs.

Comment

Samantha RLP are nobodies they have no standing in law they have no legal powers they cannot fine you Full stop.
              I like others on LB have had problems we kept secret from our partners the guilt of this is greater than telling all tell your husband he will know you made a mistake and help you through it don't beat your self up over this and get on with life remember the Police have not taking any action so you will never be fined or appear in court

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                Samantha RLP are nobodies they have no standing in law they have no legal powers they cannot fine you Full stop.
                I like others on LB have had problems we kept secret from our partners the guilt of this is greater than telling all tell your husband he will know you made a mistake and help you through it don't beat your self up over this and get on with life remember the Police have not taking any action so you will never be fined or appear in court
                Thanks so much for all the support. So I finally got the letter this morning.. My hands were literally shaking before opening it.

The claim is £197.50, which is fine.. I thought it would be like £500-600.. That's would be disastrous..

Anyways like I said earlier I wouldn't want to make the payment and understand all that you people have mentioned about RLP..

But I want to pay them and get them off my back and never want to be contacted by them ever.. My question is

If I make the payment today itself, will they still send me letters ?

Also just FYI I have donated a fair amount to charity just to cure my guilt.. But hasn't helped me with getting peace of mind..

So I want to out an end to this matter..

Please help!!

Comment

Bogus claim! do not encourage them, end of

Comment

whilst I agree with Mike, every one is different, and if you think the pressure will be too much for you, you must do what you think is best.
                    Callous peeps like us are thick skinned lol

Comment

Don't pay them, it only finances their further unfair actions against other unfortunate people that have had the misfortune to fall foul of them. So what's a few letters, it keeps the postman in a job!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                        whilst I agree with Mike, every one is different, and if you think the pressure will be too much for you, you must do what you think is best.
                        Thank you so much for understanding des8.
                        Once I have made the payment, would the letters stop?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          Bogus claim! do not encourage them, end of
                          Originally posted by des8 View Post
                          Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          Don't pay them, it only finances their further unfair actions against other unfortunate people that have had the misfortune to fall foul of them. So what's a few letters, it keeps the postman in a job!
                          Personally, I would tell them to 'do one' (in the nicest possible way, of course! :tinysmile_twink_t2

charitynjw (calloused by years of witnessing the carp that some of these chancers spout!)(RIP RLP!)
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Should do, but like everyone here on LB I would urge you to ignore RLP.
                            They have no teeth, other than empty threats.

For all its faults we have a justice system in this country.
                            RLP work outside that system, acting as judge and jury without the accused even attending a trial.
                            Summary judgement by a commercial outfit seeking profit.
                            IMO they are scum.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X