• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

More Of the Same - PArking Eye County Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Of the Same - PArking Eye County Court Letter

Hi guys, I am looking for some pointers and advice as I have no clue on how to structure my defense

Received a county court letter from Parking Eye demanding £175 in total

The story is as follows

I originally paid for an hour but overstayed by 1 hour, a couple of incidents happened as we were travelling with the kids hence why the delay but not sure if that would be relevant

I have attached the only picture i can get for the parking signs, I live over 2 hours away hence why i can't get any more pictures.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: More Of the Same - PArking Eye County Court Letter

What parking signs? Looks like there are no signs at the entrance to warn you about the charges etc.

Comment

There's one on the right hand side just after entering the car park which is I'd say is around 8/9ft tall and one at the very end of the car park

Comment

There is supposed to be a sign at the entrance warning you that is a paid for car park. Signs inside shouldn't be so they are difficult to read witthout moving your head too far from a driving position

Comment

Well, in the abscence of sign issues and keeper liability(as they know who was driving) this just leaves the issues from Beavis. Essentially you argue the charge is a penalty as Beavis did but as a paid car park operates differently you should win ( most including myself felt the same way in Beavis too though).

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Well, in the abscence of sign issues and keeper liability(as they know who was driving) this just leaves the issues from Beavis. Essentially you argue the charge is a penalty as Beavis did but as a paid car park operates differently you should win ( most including myself felt the same way in Beavis too though).

M1
            Thank you for your input, really appreciate the time you guys take to help, could you give me some pointers on how to write my defence?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            There is supposed to be a sign at the entrance warning you that is a paid for car park. Signs inside shouldn't be so they are difficult to read witthout moving your head too far from a driving position
            Thank you for your input, really appreciate the info, how can I write a good enough defence based on this?

Comment

Sure. Type up the particulars of claim and post up any letters you have, minus personal info.

M1

Comment

I have attached the details

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. Type up the particulars of claim and post up any letters you have, minus personal info.

M1
                Thank you once more, I have uploaded them
                Attached Files

Comment

I'll give it a bash soon.

M1

Comment

I'll give it a bash soon.

M1
                    You're a superstar! Can't thank you enough

Comment

I'll get to it later this week so make sure you file acknowledgement of service now.

M1

Comment

Thank you! I have filed the acknowledgement of service on the 13th of April

Comment

I'll get to it later this week so make sure you file acknowledgement of service now.

M1
                          Hi, sorry for sounding too eager, hope you didn't forget =)

Thanks again for your time and help

Comment

I didn't but i ran out of time after doing someone else who was before you. We still have plenty time and you are number 1 in the queue so probably Tuesday as i'm working tomorrow and Tuesday until teatime.

M1

Comment

I didn't but i ran out of time after doing someone else who was before you. We still have plenty time and you are number 1 in the queue so probably Tuesday as i'm working tomorrow and Tuesday until teatime.

M1
                              I really appreciate it, can't thank you enough

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X