• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye ticket

Hello,
    my son has received a Parking Eye ticket for parking in our local Morrisons car park.
    The parking restrictions have changed there and he was unaware, we are recieving conflicting advice on what to do with the ticket, he got it on Saturday and it needs paying this week, he entered the car park when the store had closed, which he has done on lots of occasions as you used to get 2 hours free parking until 6pm then you could park for free anyway.
    He hadn't shopped in the store as it closed at 4pm, so no receipt to show for an appeal.
    Is it worth putting an appeal in, if he had parked at 5pm he would not have even received a ticket, I think £50 for 1 hours parking is very excessive!Any advice greatly received.
    Thanks Sarah
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye ticket

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ket-on-vehicle

Morrisons probably won't help as he clearly wasn't shopping. Parking eye are quite litigious but very beatable at popla although not guaranteed.

M1

Comment

Thanks, I'll do an appeal today, is it correct that when submitting the appeal he doesn't admit to being the driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarahlouise1970x View Post
        Thanks, I'll do an appeal today, is it correct that when submitting the appeal he doesn't admit to being the driver?
        Correct. It is almost never a wise thing to do, naming the driver.

M1

Comment

Hi,
          I followed your advice and put the appeal in, I went with "a genuine customer "as we realised that the store is open until 5pm on Sunday's, and it's perfectly plausible to pay cash and not keep the receipt as we weren't expecting a parking fine, today we received a letter from parking eye with no popla code on it but giving us 28 days to submit proof that we were shopping, how do we respond to this, I was expecting to receive a popla code, thanks in advance, Sarah

Comment

Well, proof if you have it would be good but otherwise either ignore the request or state you no longer have the receipt.

M1

Comment

Thanks Mystery1, I'll ignore and wait for the popla code to come through.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X