• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from parking control ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from parking control ltd

Hi, I received parking charge notice letter from Parking Control Management ltd on 10/03/16. The date of the alledged contravention was 5/03/16. No ticket was received on the vehicle. The letter claims i was parked but the vehicle had the engine running and was stopped there no longer than a minute to close the boot as it was not shut properly. There is photographic evidence of me by the boot of the vehicle and the timing is withing a minute.

I ignored the first letter which i thought was a pcn and now i have received a second letter dated 15/03/16 saying i must pay £100 and as 28 days has now elasped since the notice to keeper letter. It is now too late to name the driver or make representations against the pcn.

I'm a bit confused as i thought the current letter was the ntk but according to that letter the first letter i ever received was the ntk and not the pcm. Is this correct or makes sense? I have attached both letters for you and would be so greatful if someone could help me out. Not sure where to go from here? Many thanks in advance. Kind regards,
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from parking control ltd

Was a ticket placed on the vehicle ?

M1

Comment

Hi there,

No ticket was placed on the vehicle.

Is it too late for me to appeal?
      Can they really justifiy £100 fine for stopping for one minute to close the boot?

Many thanks again.

Comment

Afraid it is to late to appeal.

In my opinion they cannot justify £100 in those circumstances, which are nothing like Beavis for several reasons but the main issue they have is the IPC code of practice dictates a grace period for the reason you need time to read the signs and decide whether or not to accept the terms. Clearly as you left straight away you didn't accept them.

Personally i'd file everything and ignore anything that is not a claim or letter before claim.

M1

Comment

Thank you. So just to be clear, file the two letters i receieved and wait for a claim? Would that be a court summons? Is it worth writing to them to explain the situation that i was not actually parked. Or Would they just ignore it? What are the chances of them persuing it and taking it to court? Thanks again.

Comment

So just to be clear, file the two letters i receieved and wait for a claim?
            Or a prober letter before claim, yes.

Would that be a court summons?
            Yes.

Is it worth writing to them to explain the situation that i was not actually parked. Or Would they just ignore it?
            Probably not as they would ignore. The landowner might help get it cancelled but as a non customer would they have much incentive ?

What are the chances of them persuing it and taking it to court?
            Slim but not impossible. (assuming i have the correct company)

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parki...gement_UK.html

M1

Comment

Ok thank you for the advice. Best wishes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X