• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Utility readings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utility readings

I moved out of my flat on 2nd April, and can't get final meter readings.The landlord says I'm responsible for utilities until he's done any repairs that need doing, which to me are none, where do I stsnd
    Tags: None

Re: Utility readings

Bit late but tell the utility companies you moved out on the 2nd of April and give the landlords details as the person responsible for the account. The utility companies might just read the meters themselves.

Comment

I'd tell you ex-landlord to sling his hook but I guess he holds a deposit of yours?

Time and time again I read of tenants getting held to ransom by landlords who try and rake as much money out of them for 'repairs' which are often just an excuse for re-decoration.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Bit late but tell the utility companies you moved out on the 2nd of April and give the landlords details as the person responsible for the account. The utility companies might just read the meters themselves.
        Originally posted by JRF63 View Post
        I moved out of my flat on 2nd April, and can't get final meter readings.The landlord says I'm responsible for utilities until he's done any repairs that need doing, which to me are none, where do I stsnd
        IMHO

I would do as ostell suggests.

It would then be for the utilities companies to sort out.

If necessary, they can obtain a warrant for forced entry via the Rights of Entry (Gas and Electricity Boards} Act 1954
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X