• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff to collect goods!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff to collect goods!

Hello!

I have the bailiff after me for not paying a postal PCN (driving in a bus lane), and another postal PCN (parking somewhere I shouldn't have, bus lane again I believe) is about to go to the bailiff. I have only just found out about them as a bailiff came to collect goods from a previous address, not my last one but the one before that! I immediately called the council (Bristol City Council) to inquire, and they informed me that there was another one about to go to the bailiff. The guy told me to contact TEC and get OOT forms for each PCN and that he would put the bailiff on hold for 7 days (that was Monday 11th April 2016).

When I moved the first time, I moved in the middle of May and informed the DVLA of my new address on 21st May 2015. I did this to update my driving license information, however I did not send off the log book. The PCN offences both occurred at the end of that year, well after I had changed my address with the DVLA. I have since moved again and updated my information with the DVLA, still not the log book (I have only just learnt that's what you're supposed to do!)

Despite informing the DVLA of my address changes both times (within a week of moving), and well before the offences occurred, do I stand a chance if I didn't send off the log book? Surely if Bristol Council contacted the DVLA to obtain, and I assume a few letters later confirm, my address, they would have had the relevant information due to my informing them in order to change the data on my driving license?

And as for the forms, I am not 100% I know which forms to fill in! On the TEC website it says I need OOT forms (one for each offence), but also another form along with the OOT which must be signed by a specific person i.e: Court Magistrate. Is this correct or do I just need an OOT for each offence? Obviously if I don't stand a chance due to not sending off the log book then I will have to set up a payment plan or something - the total is about £500 now! However, if there is hope then please advise on what to write on the forms!

Thanks! Hopefully hear from someone soon!
    Tags: None

Re: Bailiff to collect goods!

You may have notified a change of address with reference to your driving licence, but this will not be cross referenced to your vehicles, for which a separate notification is required.
    To use your lapse as a defence might well invite a request for cash from DVLA!

Do send off the v5 (logbook) asap, or risk further costs for the failure to do so!

Did you notify your insurers of your change of address?

Comment

Yes I notified everyone, banks, insurers, all direct debits and standing orders etc, the doctors! Everyone! Just didn't send the log book off!

With regard to the OOT forms, how do I go about getting a signature from a Magistrate or whoever I can get one from?

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Forms can be signed by a commissioner for oaths.
        This would include most solicitors.
        Last time it cost me a fiver.

Comment

Ok amazing thank you so much! According to the TEC I need to submit an OOT for each PCN, as well as either a Witness Statement or standard Statutory Declaration, and all must be signed by the appropriate figure - does this sound correct?
          As for the bailiff, whilst my paper work is in transit does that automatically suspend them, or would it be wise to call Bristol City Council and politely ask to put the bailiff on hold for a while longer?

Sorry for all the questions, I am not savvy with the legalities and have no experience with this kind of thing!

Thank you so much for the help!

Comment

Certainly the OOT and Stat Dec need signing by lawyer, but I don't see why the Witness statement should be.
            But if you are using a WS you might as well have it signed if that's what they want!

Bailiffs have a notorious reputation, but it won't hurt to call the council
            Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X