• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Need Help Writing a Fully Pleaded Defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help Writing a Fully Pleaded Defence

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] i am totally thrown now. I have wrote up the defence, but where do i write about the evidence? Do i write on each one which is exhibit a etc?

When is the witness statement and bundle of evidence?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MillieB View Post
      @nemesis45 i am totally thrown now. I have wrote up the defence, but where do i write about the evidence? Do i write on each one which is exhibit a etc?

When is the witness statement and bundle of evidence?

Thanks
      On the defence you can mention the letters sent/received with a minimal note of the content.

When it comes to the WS at least 14 days prior to the hearing you make a statement which expands on all the points of the defence and discloses all the " evidence " you have to support your case.

I didn't of course have access to the correspondence you mention re the "termination" so could not add at this point.

nem

Comment

Ok, so can i send off the defence written up as it is now? Should i leave the evidence/letters to and from for now?

I hope your available for help for that too!!

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
        MillieB

Comment

Ok, so can i send off the defence written up as it is now? Should i leave the evidence/letters to and from for now?

Thanks @nemesis45
          MillieB
          Hello Millie

If you're happy with the defence send it off!

The rest of the court process we can deal with as it comes.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks @nemesis45
          MillieB
          Hello Millie

If you're happy with the defence send it off!

The rest of the court process we can deal with as it comes.

nem

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] All typed up and printed off. I take it i send a copy to the court and a copy to the claimant? Also, do i need to put anything else in a covering letter or anything, or just send it as it is on its own?

Thanks
            MillieB

Comment

@nemesis45 All typed up and printed off. I take it i send a copy to the court and a copy to the claimant? Also, do i need to put anything else in a covering letter or anything, or just send it as it is on its own?

Thanks
              MillieB
              Hello Millie

Court only they will pass to the claimant,

nem

Comment

sorry to be a pain [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] , do i send this to the northampton court or the court that i had the hearing? Thanks

Comment

sorry to be a pain @nemesis45 , do i send this to the northampton court or the court that i had the hearing? Thanks
                  The hearing centre where the judge made the order.

nem

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

I have received a notice today that the judgement is set aside.

I have also received a 'notice of proposed allocation to the fast track'
                    By 27th May i need to:
                    complete the directions questionnaire
                    attempt to agree directions with all other parties
                    file proposed directions (whether or not agreed) with the directions questionnaire.

Please can i have your assistance again?! I dont know what is meant by part 2 and 3 and the questionnaire went way over my head!

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi @nemesis45

I have received a notice today that the judgement is set aside.

I have also received a 'notice of proposed allocation to the fast track'
                      By 27th May i need to:
                      complete the directions questionnaire
                      attempt to agree directions with all other parties
                      file proposed directions (whether or not agreed) with the directions questionnaire.

Please can i have your assistance again?! I dont know what is meant by part 2 and 3 and the questionnaire went way over my head!

Thanks in advance
                      Hello Millie,#
                      Seems the judge was impressed!!

Please post a copy of the DQ here then we can work through it with you.
                      Enough time fortunately to work through carefully

nem

Comment

Really? So this response is good?

I dont have a scanner so i cant get it on here. Thanks goodness i have plenty of time

MillieB

Comment

Really? So this response is good?

I dont have a scanner so i cant get it on here. Thanks goodness i have plenty of time

MillieB
                          The judge must believe that the defence we did has a reasonable chance of success!!

Ok can you attach it to an e-mail? if so [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] LB site team will I'm sure post it here for you.

nem

nem

Comment

I dont want to get my hopes up too high, but i hope it has a good chance of success and that has cheered me up a little that it might have.

I cant attach it to an email as i cant upload it to my computer without a scanner.

Should i now be contacting the claimant do you think? If so, saying what?

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

MillieB

Comment

[QUOTE=MillieB;644819]I dont want to get my hopes up too high, but i hope it has a good chance of success and that has cheered me up a little that it might have.

I cant attach it to an email as i cant upload it to my computer without a scanner.

Should i now be contacting the claimant do you think? If so, saying what?

A task I know but can you type in the DQ and the instruction I want to make sure we are interpreting every thing properly.

nem

Comment

Its a task worth doing if it means i can get this sorted!

I will type it up in word and then send it in.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X