• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Excel / BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - Excel / BW Legal

Advice needed -

This case has been going on for nearly 12 months, I received a PCN for apparently parking without purchasing a ticket. The facts are I bought a ticket but it didn't print my reg. Since then I have appealed to excel giving a detailed account of me buying the ticket, appealed to IAS, had a threatening letter for a debt recovery agency which I replied to. Now this is my second threatening letter from BW legal. Do I respond to this as I did previously or ignore?

Help/Advice needed!! Thanks!
    Tags: None

Re: PCN - Excel / BW Legal

They will not concede at any point now. If i wasn't going to pay, and i wouldn't be paying personally, then i'd file and ignore all bar a letter before action or court papers.

M1

Comment

My partner has had a similar issue but from another company. We still have the ticket clearly showing amount paid. Again it did not print the full registration, however they are not claiming a ticket wasn't purchased, they are claiming an overstay which the ticket disproves.

I told her not to pay it and she has recieved a threatening letter from a debt recovery agency. I have spoken to them and they are not budging. I told them they had best take it to court in that case where we shall prove they are demanding money under false pretences. Oddly enough, we have heard no more from them in approximately two months.

Comment

Thanks guys for your advice!

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          They will not concede at any point now. If i wasn't going to pay, and i wouldn't be paying personally, then i'd file and ignore all bar a letter before action or court papers.

M1
          If a letter before action or court appear, what do you suggest?

Comment

Probably a strong response and a request for information however it depends pretty much on the contents of such a letter.

M1

Comment

So I've now received a letter headed claim form with a court address on the right and excels address top left with BW legalese address underneath! Help!

Comment

Can you post a sanitised version up please ?

Also the ticket, do you still have it ? The PCN ?

M1

Comment

I dont have the ticket!
                  Attached Files

Comment

What does it say just under where the pic stops on the left ?

I note it's the infamous peel centre where the signs are terrible http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...1_archive.html http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...-consider.html

I would strongly urge you to collect evidence on a time stamped camera of the signage and the very poor coverage as identified by the prankster.

M1

Comment

it says - The Claimant believes that the facts stated in this claim form are true and i am duly authorised by the claimant to sign this statemant - signed BW Legal

Comment

Thought it would. Idiots don't know how to issue a claim properly. Sadly an application to make them correct it is £255 so we'll just include the point in the defence and hope the court makes a move on it's own.

File acknowledgement of service in the mean time.

M1

Comment

Spoke with a solicitor today about my defence. I can't afford to incur a ccj. Don't know what to do, I've lost some much sleep over this, it's unreal, I know I'm in the right!

Comment

A CCJ is only of any significance if you lose then don't pay within 28 days. This is when it effectively is on the credit file. If it's paid then it doesn't show.

Post up anything you have and i'll look this weekend.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X