• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination - fair wear & tear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary termination - fair wear & tear

Originally posted by NickNoo View Post
    Hi

Yes of course i will keep you informed of what happens next.

I'm not sure why they have passed it back but i contacted GMAC this afternoon to ascertain whether they would look at a settlement and all they have replied with is that i owe the full amount.

Unfortunately my Mother signed and returned the paperwork without letting me know as she thought it would speed the process up. On the back of this though i'm afraid i probably dont have the leeway you have as in effect we have agreed to their ridiculous terms set out in the documentation which go far further with regards to the condition of the vehicle being returned. Rather than "reasonable condition" it pretty much states that the car must be returned in good condition.

My main gripe is the cost of the repairs, not the fact they needed doing. I estimate that each defect they have found is being charged at up to 4/5 times what it could be fixed for so they are just trying to recoup as much as possible rather than it being a true reflection of the condition of the car.

Nick
    Hello,

Yes I agree re the reasonable condition although the financial Ombudsment told me that they believe GMAC are being very fair in the amount they are requesting back. Which concerns me if I decide to just refuse to pay.

I argued that I wanted my own mechanic to look at this so called damages, I have never to this day received a reply regarding this from either GMAC, shoosmiths or the Ombudsment. I also requested having my own valuation for the damages by an independent engineer. Again no response.

I wish I had some knowledge in the law and how court proceedings work etc etc. I'm completely clueless and that makes me nervous haha

Comment

Hi, how long did they take to respond to your private letter for VT to come and collect the car? Also what did you say when they tried to argue with you about sending your private letter

Comment

Originally posted by terriloux View Post
        Hi, how long did they take to respond to your private letter for VT to come and collect the car? Also what did you say when they tried to argue with you about sending your private letter
        Hello they didn't respond and I had to chase them in the end and cancel my direct debit. As soon as I told them I was cancelling the direct debit they came within a week.

I told them that by law I didn't have to reply to their letter and that my private letter was law abiding and my solicitor had advised me to send my own letter. They got very stroppy when solicitors were mentioned haha

Comment

Ahhh, I don't even have a direct debit with them anymore as they messed about with that too and I always have to ring and pay. I will tell them I won't be making the payment, also how long did you wait to ring them after not hearing back? As in my letter I've give them 14 days to come and collect, and I'm picking a new car up after 14 days and I will be transferring the insurance over if they don't come in time, I hate GMAC so much already, also can I please ask how you've got on since with your case?

Comment

I have just had an inspection done by Manheim Inspection services, when carrying out the inspection the inspector did not inspect the vehicle to the required standards put in place by the automotive manufacturers procedures which states that a car 3 years old should be looked at from 2 metres away and in a straight line direction facing the car. Not going on their knees to check the car from 0.5 metres away. They also use a method called gun siting which is looking down the length of the vehicle to check for imperfection like dents and creased panels. I worked in a car plant for 15 years and this would not be accepted as an inspection process. So I challenged the inspector about this and he said that he has to check the car, I should have asked him for his working standards and procedures to prove that he was doing his job correctly to the manufacturers stanndards not one made up by Manheim themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Laurenelias View Post
              Hello,

Ok I'll take a photo and send it to Kati thank you.

Yes it was a nightmare to get a response. They wouldn't reply to the complaint until y husband rung to confirm identity which was really tricky as he was away with work and then the department he needed to speak to was only open during hours when he was working so it took him a while to sort that out.

I haven't checked the credit file, how do I do that?
              i have just come off the phone with GMAC they where very forceful and not very helpful all they where interested in in was the money aspect not how the person inspected the car

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X