• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

enforcement order directions first hearing, have i lost my child :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enforcement order directions first hearing, have i lost my child :(

Hi,

I said i would update my topic so others can get some outlook on my situation and also get some feedback.

So i had my directions hearing to enforce my order today. I also asked for an interim contact order until the situation was dealt with. Cafcass were useless, they gave us out interviews in a separate room in court to give both sides as they failed to ring us in the up and coming months.

So the hearing wasnt great for me and i am truly paying for my mistakes, the judge suspended my contact order and rejected an interim contact order, she even rejected an indirect contact order so i could get pics and info, She said she cant agree to either because the mother would not agree with either requests. The mother went on a tandem about me and she was told to keep quiet by the judge as she had not received the safeguarding report from cafcass she could not make any decisions about direct or indirect contact . I now have to wait 12 weeks for the case to progress. ok today was not great for me but i have to keep my chin up. The judge did say i may get contact but its upto cafcass in 6 weeks when they complete their report..has anybody heard of this???

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: enforcement order directions first hearing, have i lost my child

Originally posted by t135t0 View Post
    Hi,

I said i would update my topic so others can get some outlook on my situation and also get some feedback.

So i had my directions hearing to enforce my order today. I also asked for an interim contact order until the situation was dealt with. Cafcass were useless, they gave us out interviews in a separate room in court to give both sides as they failed to ring us in the up and coming months.

So the hearing wasnt great for me and i am truly paying for my mistakes, the judge suspended my contact order and rejected an interim contact order, she even rejected an indirect contact order so i could get pics and info, She said she cant agree to either because the mother would not agree with either requests. The mother went on a tandem about me and she was told to keep quiet by the judge as she had not received the safeguarding report from cafcass she could not make any decisions about direct or indirect contact . I now have to wait 12 weeks for the case to progress. ok today was not great for me but i have to keep my chin up. The judge did say i may get contact but its upto cafcass in 6 weeks when they complete their report..has anybody heard of this???

thanks
    Has the judge or CAFCASS said you pose significant harm to the children?

Comment

the judge said as i have been hassling the mother then its indirect harm to the child

Comment

Yes, unfortunately I have heard of this. I'm a bit confused about the timescales, ie Cafcass report due in 6 weeks but you also mention having to wait 12 weeks for a decision? Has a directions hearing been listed right after Cafcass are due to file their report? You could ask the court for a hearing to consider interim contact while you wait for the Cafcass report. Whether you're successful really depends on what mum's allegations are. I hope the Cafcass report is positive for you.
        I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

Hi,

I had to wait 12 weeks as no report from cafcass had ever been done or completed, so i had my call yesterday from cafcass and it went ok, alot better than i anticipated. I did request an interim contact order in the directions hearing but it was a huge fat no due to the reports not being completed. I also had my contact order suspended until the case had been resolved. My next hearing is july 6th, but thats a 30 minute hearing and not an actual final answer, that hearing is for the reports etc. I was also refused indirect contact on my directions hearing so on april the 6th i left with nothing at all. I did not take to much of that to heart because it was only a directions hearing with zero safeguarding reports so the judge had no choice to take the safe route.

what i would like to ask is after my cafcass meeting yesterday she did mention twice that she will recommend i take drug tests in her recommendation to court (i admitted to using cocaine in my first hearings 2 yrs ago and i have drug offences)...if she is already telling me what one of her recommendations are going to be is that a good sign??....if she was going to recommend i dont see my daughter then she probably wouldnt have mentioned any possible recommendations??..or am i just being hopeful??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X