• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone taking money still

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone taking money still

Hello again! Yet more nightmares with Vodafone, this time in the form of a free spotify subscription coming to an end, and I'm now having £10 added to one of my numbers bills to pay for it, I've asked twice for this to be removed and it still has not happened. It's been about 3 months now and I'm yet again down in cash because they keep taking money from me after I've asked for it to be cancelled.

Does anyone know where I stand on cancelling my direct debit and refusing to pay the extra £10 by paying all my bill minus the money I do not owe? Also I have a transcript of a Web chat from a couple of months ago where I asked for it to be cancelled, can I use this somehow to be reimbursed?

Really had enough of vodafone, I used to be a high value customer, I can't see me sticking with them for another contract.
    Tags: None

Re: Vodafone taking money still

Hi Tucker,

The first port of call will be to invoke their complaints procedure, this will mean outlining in a letter to them the situation, how it has happened and what you want out of it.

Was the subscription service part of the contract you took out? or did you take it out after you took out the mobile contract?

I don't think you would be warranted in cancelling your direct debit although I do know that some court cases have ruled that it is possible to cancel for a material breach of the agreement where there has been multiple breaches of contract (you can an article about it here albeit it was B2B contract could still apply to consumer, also depends on the terms of contract). It's always a bit of a dodgy area and I wouldn't recommend it from what you have posted.

I would think you should be entitled to your money back plus a little more for inconvenience of having to continuously call back and have it cancelled. You may also wish to point out in your letter that, assuming the complaint is rectified, the issue occurs again then the multiple breaches of the same issue will amount to a material breach of contract, which will entitle you to terminate the agreement without penalty. At least you put them on notice even if you don't go down the court route but before jumping the gun its always worth reviewing your position first.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: Vodafone taking money still

Hi Tucker64,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced further difficulties with your account.

If you still need help with this, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'Legal Beagles'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure it's been received.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X