• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The claims guys ppi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The claims guys ppi

Guys.
    I recently applied for ppi through these guys who have come back and said I paid ppi on a few loans I had,one being citifinancial who say they are paying me £1042. Why are these guys not contacting the claims gus on my behalf so they can take their cut but contacting me directly? I am now confused by how they will ask for their money. How much do I pay the claims guys out of this refund? 😕
    Tags: None

Re: The claims guys ppi

Originally posted by Chellebelle81 View Post
    Guys.
    I recently applied for ppi through these guys who have come back and said I paid ppi on a few loans I had,one being citifinancial who say they are paying me £1042. Why are these guys not contacting the claims gus on my behalf so they can take their cut but contacting me directly? I am now confused by how they will ask for their money. How much do I pay the claims guys out of this refund? 
    Banks etc are increasingly refusing to communicate with claims management companies and choosing to correspond directly with the complainant, which can cause problems. I would forward all communication from/to the bank to the claims company to cover yourself and if you get your refund from the bank directly then the claims company will invoice you.

Comment

Do they charge the 30% + 20% vat on top.of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chellebelle81 View Post
        Do they charge the 30% + 20% vat on top.of that?
        Yes on the total compensation amount, see clause 2 F http://www.theclaimsguys.co.uk/app/u...015/11/TOE.pdf

Comment

Yes.

£375.12 should be your fee I think.

http://lbcompare.co.uk/services/fina...e-claims-guys/
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is there anyway of not paying this or cancelling? It's a ridiculous amount of money

Comment

It will be the same ( 30%+VAT) across all of your claims if you put them all with The Claims Guys. Yes it is a lot of money, especially when you could have done it yourself for free, but that's just what these companies do.

If you signed up with the Claims Guys, and they sent you the relevant contract, contacted your lenders and obtained the refunds for you then I'm afraid it's a case of settling the invoice when it arrives. Keep that £375 odd to one side so that you can pay when they do invoice you.

They are currently being investigated by the MOJ for potential rule breaches so their systems may be being looked at, so potentially you might have an argument in the future.

You could look at cancelling your other claims and taking them over yourself however they do have the right under the contract to charge you for work they have done to date, which could add up to quite a lot, and would have to be paid probably before you got any refunds from other lenders.

If you have a copy of your agreement with TCG we could take a look over it, but suspect it's all pretty above board.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X