• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD vs Bingo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD vs Bingo

Issue Date: 15/3/16
    Amount approx: 8900 + 410 court fee + 100 Legal costs
    Claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD
    Solicitor: Howard Cohen And Co
    Original Creditor: Barclaycard
    Particulars of Claim:

The Claim is for the sum of 6500 in respect of monies owing under an Agreement with the account no.xxxxxxxx pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA)
    The debt was legally assigned to MKDP LLT (Ex Barclaycard) to the Claimant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the Agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to s.87(1) CCA.
    The Claimant claims
    1. The sum of 6500
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the December 2011 to the date hereof 1535 is the sum of 2200
    3. Future interest accruing at the daily rate of 1.46
    4. Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred? No, I last made a payment in July 2011
    List any letters you have sent: Sent CPA and CPR Request on 29/3/16
    Any Other Info:

I no longer live in the UK, and haven't done since 2008. I have no assets, no income in the UK. The only address they have is for my parents, where I lived before moving away. Normally my parents just throw my mail as it's pretty much just junk after this long, but they opened the court claim as it looked official. They thought it was a tax form or something.

I have called MKDP and they transferred me to Robinson Way, who they say is now handling it. I spoke to them, I offered 2000 to settle, said I could borrow the money from my parents to get this settled. They refused, said that even 50% of the figure wouldn't do. They wouldn't actually give me a figure at all. So they said to go through the courts. I filed my AOS today, just to get extra time, and sent the letters. I did speak to national debt helpline and they even said there is no way they would come after me being out of the country (Not EU or commonwealth). I know they could send bailiffs, but I have no assets in the UK. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X