• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highly acidic tap water the cause of Grade 4 cancer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly acidic tap water the cause of Grade 4 cancer?

Hi everyone..

For some reason, life seems to keep throwing situations at my family that causes one problem after another.. MKDP last year - btw, they sold that unenforceable debt to Robinsons who continue to call me now. They are too thick to realise that the debt they bought cannot be recovered..

1st Credit seem to have stopped harrassing me for the time being. I was going to contact them but as you'll read further on, there was a reason I didn't. Priorities and all that..

Along with that, my van broke down last year and got caught up with a repair company that did the exact opposite, ripped off parts, sold them on and left you with a vehicle that wasn't useable. The police got involved, my van got caught up in the investigation for three months and I lost about £10k in lost earnings because of it.. Not what you want when you're trying to find your feet again..

However, toward the end of October last year, my Mum fell ill and was subsequently diagnosed with a brain tumour that turned out to be a 'Terminal' Grade 4 lung cancer that travelled to her brain in four places and into her bones elsewhere. This is why I ended up ignoring 1st Choice but this isn't about them..

Mum was given given steroids and other drugs in hospital as well as pallative radiotherapy to her head before Christmas last year and made a decent recovery with the help of good food, rest etc.. We've been told that the cancer cannot ultimately be cured, something I disagree with but that's another story.. Basic biology, I've since discovered that cancer cannot survive in an oxygenated alkaline body.

Cancer thrives in an anaerobic acidic environment. It's called Acidosis and it is one of the biggest causes of cancer. If our body is acidic in nature, cancer can take hold and grow by stealing the body's nutrients and expelling lactic acid as a waste product, compounding the acidic environment making it more suitable for the cancer to grow and multiply. As the cells grow, the body becomes oxygen depleated causing the immune system to weaken, inflammation and make it more difficult to breathe.

Keeping hydrated and fed properly is important but yesterday, I discovered something that shocked me and suddenly made my realise what I believe the cause of this is.. Whilst reading about PH levels, how it affects cancer and more importantly, how cancer cannot survive in an alkaline body..

Probably the most important nutrient our body needs is water. Without it, we can die in a very short period of time. I got curious about ph levels as I couldn't understand why Mum was getting worse when her diet was pretty good, though not optimal (that's now changed). I bought some ph testing paper and stuck it under the tap and was astonished to find out that the tap water that we have been drinking and cooking in for eights years was 5.5! This is very acidic. According to the water regulations for tap water, it is also outside the legal parameters for tap water. It should be a maximum 6.5 acidity. 5.5 is a while ph level higher and, from what I have learned, about 250 times more acidic than the neutral ph of 7! The official range is 6.5 to 9.5. Outside those levels is a health risk.

That's not all. I started to knock on doors to check the neighbours tap water and everyone I've tested today also have the same 5.5 ph level. I live in an old nursing home that was converted into flats. Tomorrow, I'm going to test the rest of the flats ad also the local pub to see if it is local to our building or my village as a while. I've been filming the tests as evidence. Once I have all of the tests on the flats and a test on a building elsewhere in my village, I need to contact the water supplier and ask them why we are being supplied acid to our taps.

I wanted to find out what grounds there might be for legal action here.. I'm guessing a water investigation from the water regulator would be in order first. I won't touch the tap water as far as drinking and cooking is concerned. I'm now buying very high alkaline ph mineral water to neutralise our bodies, especially Mums as it is a priority for recovering against cancer.

Thanks for help and advice..
    Dan
    Tags: None

Re: Highly acidic tap water the cause of Grade 4 cancer?

Hi Dan

Just a thought.......many of my family members drink Coke/Pepsi Max in large quantities (our 'bottle' bin is usually overflowing with empties!)

& I've not seen a 'warning' notice (like on ciggie packets).

Do you think, if worst came to worst, they'd have a shout?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi Charitynjw..

Coca cola has a PH of 2.5ish and is packed with sugar to boot..! It would be a gourmet banquet for cancer..!!

Bizarrely enough, you'd be better off drinking Apple Cider Vinegar. Even though it is very sour, it is moderately alkaline for the body which cancer doesn't like..

Comment

Originally posted by wesd25 View Post
        Hi everyone..

For some reason, life seems to keep throwing situations at my family that causes one problem after another.. MKDP last year - btw, they sold that unenforceable debt to Robinsons who continue to call me now. They are too thick to realise that the debt they bought cannot be recovered..

1st Credit seem to have stopped harrassing me for the time being. I was going to contact them but as you'll read further on, there was a reason I didn't. Priorities and all that..

Along with that, my van broke down last year and got caught up with a repair company that did the exact opposite, ripped off parts, sold them on and left you with a vehicle that wasn't useable. The police got involved, my van got caught up in the investigation for three months and I lost about £10k in lost earnings because of it.. Not what you want when you're trying to find your feet again..

However, toward the end of October last year, my Mum fell ill and was subsequently diagnosed with a brain tumour that turned out to be a 'Terminal' Grade 4 lung cancer that travelled to her brain in four places and into her bones elsewhere. This is why I ended up ignoring 1st Choice but this isn't about them..

Mum was given given steroids and other drugs in hospital as well as pallative radiotherapy to her head before Christmas last year and made a decent recovery with the help of good food, rest etc.. We've been told that the cancer cannot ultimately be cured, something I disagree with but that's another story.. Basic biology, I've since discovered that cancer cannot survive in an oxygenated alkaline body.

Cancer thrives in an anaerobic acidic environment. It's called Acidosis and it is one of the biggest causes of cancer. If our body is acidic in nature, cancer can take hold and grow by stealing the body's nutrients and expelling lactic acid as a waste product, compounding the acidic environment making it more suitable for the cancer to grow and multiply. As the cells grow, the body becomes oxygen depleated causing the immune system to weaken, inflammation and make it more difficult to breathe.

Keeping hydrated and fed properly is important but yesterday, I discovered something that shocked me and suddenly made my realise what I believe the cause of this is.. Whilst reading about PH levels, how it affects cancer and more importantly, how cancer cannot survive in an alkaline body..

Probably the most important nutrient our body needs is water. Without it, we can die in a very short period of time. I got curious about ph levels as I couldn't understand why Mum was getting worse when her diet was pretty good, though not optimal (that's now changed). I bought some ph testing paper and stuck it under the tap and was astonished to find out that the tap water that we have been drinking and cooking in for eights years was 5.5! This is very acidic. According to the water regulations for tap water, it is also outside the legal parameters for tap water. It should be a maximum 6.5 acidity. 5.5 is a while ph level higher and, from what I have learned, about 250 times more acidic than the neutral ph of 7! The official range is 6.5 to 9.5. Outside those levels is a health risk.

That's not all. I started to knock on doors to check the neighbours tap water and everyone I've tested today also have the same 5.5 ph level. I live in an old nursing home that was converted into flats. Tomorrow, I'm going to test the rest of the flats ad also the local pub to see if it is local to our building or my village as a while. I've been filming the tests as evidence. Once I have all of the tests on the flats and a test on a building elsewhere in my village, I need to contact the water supplier and ask them why we are being supplied acid to our taps.

I wanted to find out what grounds there might be for legal action here.. I'm guessing a water investigation from the water regulator would be in order first. I won't touch the tap water as far as drinking and cooking is concerned. I'm now buying very high alkaline ph mineral water to neutralise our bodies, especially Mums as it is a priority for recovering against cancer.

Thanks for help and advice..
        Dan
        Hi Charitynjw..

Coca cola has a PH of 2.5ish and is packed with sugar to boot..! It would be a gourmet banquet for cancer..!!

Bizarrely enough, you'd be better off drinking Apple Cider Vinegar. Even though it is very sour, it is moderately alkaline for the body which cancer doesn't like..
        I believe one of the thing you would need to prove is 'causation'. (ie that the water was the actual cause of the illness, not just a possibility).
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I see what you mean.. Mum did used to smoke but gave up a few years ago. However, I'm sure the water hasn't helped.. How can consistently drinking and cooking with acidic water be good for anyone.? It isn't, our bodies are designed to be balanced at around PH 7. Too much acid puts a constant strain on the system to balance the body. Even I've had various symptoms (not cancer - I think) over the past few years that I haven't been able to explain until I found out about the tap water..

The fact is that the water that comes out of my tap in the kitchen and bathroom is a lot more acidic than the law permits.

Comment

The fact is that the water that comes out of my tap in the kitchen and bathroom is a lot more acidic than the law permits.
            IMHO

Be that as it may, you would still have to prove that the acidic water was the directly responsible factor in contracting the illness.

From what I see, your argument is little more than conjecture.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Have you spoken to your water supplier ? proving any link between water and Cancer would no doubt be a long and costly process needing a lot of research and money

Comment

I think you have a mountain, or two, to climb.

Firstly, although I sympathise with your desire to find a cause for your mother's health problems, mainstream medical research does not support your thoughts about acidosis and cancer and you will be hard put to obtain recognised expert support in court.
                Secondly you are using PH strips to test water in a block of flats at the taps.
                a) the plumbing system in the flats is new/old? direct/indirect?
                b)the accuracy of the strips?
                c) you are comparing them to a colour chart.... the accuracy of the colour chart

If you are concerned about your supply the first approach should be made to your supplier as per Wales.
                If unhappy with the result then the Drinking Water Inspectorate is next.
                Local environmental health officers will test the water for you (at a cost).

If you have a private water supply regulations are slightly different.

I wish you well.

Comment

Just adding some info on this.

water at 5.5 should be ok for the short term, ( most of the nutrients we absorb from fluids are soluble at this level. ) and remember that the water company's generally treat the pipes between summer and winter, and this tends to calcify the water a bit. I would say Chlorine/ ammonia content ( its why you should stand drinking water for an hour ) is more of an issue, but water wouldn't be safe to drink from our pipes without it.

most of my water gets filtered through a tea bag
                  crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Crazy Council can I ask if its the same tea bag

Comment

lol, [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION]

i buy 100 teabags for £1 from the quid shop, but they dont last me a week, I do treat myself to proper teas once a month. I must say, i am 100% a believer in treating your body systems well to maintain good health and help your body get over illnesses.
                      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Not yet, it's on my list of things to do.. I'm still testing the other flats plus other buildings nearby..

Oops.. This was a reply to one of the posts but I pressed the wrong button..!

Comment

I think you have a mountain, or two, to climb.

Firstly, although I sympathise with your desire to find a cause for your mother's health problems, mainstream medical research does not support your thoughts about acidosis and cancer and you will be hard put to obtain recognised expert support in court.

Acid is corrosive. Therefore drinking acidic water is bad for the body. The body is biologically designed to function best at just over neutral ph (7). At this level, the body is oxygenated properly and the body functions properly. Long term acid intake reduces the body's ability to process oxygen, compromises the immune system's ability to fight infections, o2/co2 diffusion and many other things. Mainstream medical research doesn't want you to realise this because the drug companies want to sell you solutions in the form of drugs. It's all about money. I could go on but I'll stop there..

Secondly you are using PH strips to test water in a block of flats at the taps. - Yes, I have medical strips.
                          a) the plumbing system in the flats is new/old? direct/indirect? - It's an old building but it has been renovated on the cheap. If the acid is local then it is likely a building isse. I'm going to test the farm next door and the two houses at the end of the driveway and see if they have the same problem.
                          b)the accuracy of the strips? - Medical grade, I'm sure they are accurate
                          c) you are comparing them to a colour chart.... the accuracy of the colour chart - as above

If you are concerned about your supply the first approach should be made to your supplier as per Wales.
                          If unhappy with the result then the Drinking Water Inspectorate is next.
                          Local environmental health officers will test the water for you (at a cost).

Next on the list of things to do but I was more interested in a legal perspective

If you have a private water supply regulations are slightly different.

I wish you well. - thanks - it has been the most stressful three or four months ever but I do now see a light at the end of the tunnel now that I understand how cancer works

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                            Just adding some info on this.

water at 5.5 should be ok for the short term, ( most of the nutrients we absorb from fluids are soluble at this level. ) and remember that the water company's generally treat the pipes between summer and winter, and this tends to calcify the water a bit. I would say Chlorine/ ammonia content ( its why you should stand drinking water for an hour ) is more of an issue, but water wouldn't be safe to drink from our pipes without it.

most of my water gets filtered through a tea bag
                            https://www.southernwater.co.uk/drin...lity-standards states that the allowed ph for drinking water is 6.5 - 10.0. We haven't been drinking this in the the short term. We've been drinking it for a number of years.! I just spoke to a neighbour who told me that the village does seem to have a high rate of cancer which I was unaware of.

Your body will make up cells out of the nutrients that you intake. If you are consuming acidic nutrients, your body will become acidic which can affect your ability to process oxygen. Basically, an acidic body contains oxygen depleted cells. A neutral to slightly alkaline body contains oxygen rich cells. When you drinking water that is more acidic than the allowed amount, your body will become naturally acidic and that is where problems like cancer can occur.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X