• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Manager disclosed my sickness in an email to all staff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager disclosed my sickness in an email to all staff

I am a manager in a small organisation . I report to the CEO . I am currently off of work due to work related stress. I am the only manager, I have 19 direct reports. Last week I was signed off with work related stress for 2 weeks. I have just logged into my emails to discover an email with the title of "an update on ........... Sickness " it stated that some people are already aware that I have been signed off, that it for 2 weeks, the reason is work related stress and that him and the trustees will be working with me to resolve this when I return." Non of this has been discussed with me. I was starting to feel better and ready to return, this has shocked me although it is typical of him. I am going to raise a grievance but I want time to think about it. In the mean time I do not want my information shared with anyone else. This email has gone to 26 members of staff. I work with other organisations and I am respected in my field . Should I send an email citing the data protection and ICO policy ? I don't feel ready to enter into dialog about it at the moment with him. At the moment I don't want my private information being discussed further. We have a large number of volunteers. Thank you
    Last edited by Mads; 22nd March 2016, 16:24:PM. Reason: Update
    Tags: None

Re: Manager disclosed my sickness in an email to all staff

This kinda happened to me. My line manager was telling my whole team the ins and outs of my (stress related) sickness absence and I uncovered numerous emails about it via a Subject Access Request. A lot of the stuff written was negative and judgemental, by people who had no right to comment on any of it. Might I suggest you ask for a SAR too, get all your ducks in a row, and raise a grievance. There is no reason whatever for your personal medical info to be banded around. I ended up in grievance, appeal.. and now am in the middle of an employment tribunal, for that and other matters. Not trying to scare you but this can snowball and relfects the culture of a workplace. I wish you well, and get well soon.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X