• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey solictors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey solictors

Hi

I was part of Compass that went under and are now with Abbey Solicitors, does anybody no anything about them , can they clear your debt please help
    Tags: None

Re: Abbey solictors

Hiya Meg

I've just replied to you over on MSE ( esmerellda ), can you have a read and ask any questions here you like. I'm just sanitising the letters from Abbey I have copies of and I'll put them on here so you can see if they are the same as what you had xx

Sharon
    xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Here we are - is this the same as what you had ?

( sorry for the neck ache - I'll try spin them around )
      Attached Files
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Sharon

Yes they are the same

Comment

Okay and were you paying £250 a month to Compass for your DMP ? (coincidentally)
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

yes i was

Comment

Thanks.

Well, I can only say what I think.

You will be paying Abbey instead of paying Compass.

Compass were terrible and you may well have lost a pot of 'savings' you were trying to get together for full and final settlements. Some of your money ( hopefully 50% of that £250 a month) was going to your creditors and things were kept pretty much on a level ?

Now, Abbey want you to stop paying all your creditors, and just pay Abbey the money instead.

So those creditors won't be getting paid any more. So the situation you've been trying to avoid since signing up with Compass with letters/calls/court claims etc will all start up again. If creditors decide to take court action - defending that court action is not included in the price you are paying Abbey.

Originally posted by Abbey
              We will not bring or defend court proceedings on your behalf unless;
              i) you instruct us to do so and we seperately agree to act on your behalf
              ii) we are satisfied that your prospects of success are good
              iii) costs would be recoverable against the other party or you are able to fund the litigation yourself
              For reference costs may be recoverable against the other party if the claim was for over £10,000. If you are funding it yourself you would have to pay their quoted hourly rates, at best £120 per hour plus VAT.

If you stay with Abbey you will just be throwing another £3000 down the toilet. Possibly end up with court claims and owing Abbey more on top of that £3k.

I don't know what your debt situation is, how many debts, how much they are etc, but if you want to stay on a DMP then get in touch with Stepchange. If you want to look at agreements and whether there's PPI or other things you can use to get rid of the debts you can do that yourself with help/support from here/MSE/CAB etc.

Personally I think you should give Stepchange a call first and see how you feel, and get a cancellation letter off to Abbey.

Sharon
              xxx
              Last edited by Amethyst; 14th March 2016, 21:47:PM.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Great summary of the situation there x

Abbey have been 'introduced' this work by Compass. Ask yourself...is that a good thing?

Good luck and keep us informed how you get on.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                  Great summary of the situation there x

Abbey have been 'introduced' this work by Compass. Ask yourself...is that a good thing?
                  You mean there might be some vested interests at work there?

I'm shocked!

Comment

I agree with you Nibbler. Surely Compass were just trying to help as many people as possible? The next thing is that people will claim Abbey paid Compass for client information.
                    I'm sure Rob Solloway and his lovely wife, Amanda will continue fighting to help their clients and more likely will offer up their home(s), jewelry, and their Porsches and Range Rover to mitigate the client losses. Clearly, as an MP she will do everything in her power to ensure her people's rights are safeguarded.
                    Wingco

Comment

Hi,
                      I am a compass client who signed up with Abbey but I now want to cancel it after what has happened. Please can you tell me if this is possible.
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi PJW

Welcome to LegalBeagles X

You should telephone and write/email Abbey immediately to prevent them working any further on your case if you want to cancel. Most feedback we've heard is that they're being reasonable.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi,
                          I was a client of Compass but didnt get round to signing with Abbey. I have had several letters offf creditors the most disturbing one was from a creditor that I was told via a letter had been settled in October 2015. They are chasing the money which had been debited and apparently paid in October 2015. Is there anything I can do because technically that money is missing? or stolen from my compass account.

Comment

The BBC piece on Radio 4 is going ahead next Wednesday 13th. Would anyone be interested in speaking (anonymously if preferred) to them to help raise awareness. They are particularly interested in clients who have signed up with Abbey. Please contact me by private message.

Comment

Hi,
                              We also signed up with Abbey, paid one payment, then cancelled. We found out from one of our Creditors that a CCA had been done in October 2009, so we would have been paying Abbey an awful lot of money to do something that has already been done by Compass.
                              Gazc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X