• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim by Cabot Financial/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim by Cabot Financial/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Received a claim? Northampton County Court Business Centre
    Issue Date: 02/03/2016
    Amount approx: £400
    Claimant:
    Cabot Financial
    Solicitor: Mortimer Clarke Solicitors
    Original Creditor: Capitol One
    Particulars of Claim: 2004 Agreement between Capitol One & Defendant. Defendant failed to make minimum payments. The agreement was terminated and assigned to Claimant.
    Is the debt Statute Barred? No
    List any letters you have sent: Acknowledgement of Service to Court 15/03/2016, CCA Request to Cabot Financial 15/03/2016, CPR 31.14 Request & copy of CCA to Mortimer Clarke 15/03/2016.

Date to submit defence by: 04/04/2016
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim by Cabot Financial/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Good evening and welcome to LB

Some detail please.

When was the last payment or written acknowledgment of the debt?
    What is the default date?

When sending the £1 statutory fee for the CCA request us a postal order write "for statutory fee only " on it and make a copy to keep for your record Cabot and its solicitors are making claims that " compliant" CCA requests and or stat fees are not being received.

nem

Use signed for post and check delivery date and print out signature.

Comment

Hi Nem, thanks for the advice regarding the postal order, I'll make sure to do that. The last payment date was some time early 2011 - no contact since. I don't know the default date.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeb View Post
        Hi Nem, thanks for the advice regarding the postal order, I'll make sure to do that. The last payment date was some time early 2011 - no contact since. I don't know the default date.
        Hi Deeb, it would be worth checking your credit reference files ( Noddle is free online) Cabot is full of tricks at present no one knows what they may try next.

nem

Comment

Ok, I've registered with Noddle. The default date is 15/07/2011.

Comment

Ok, I've registered with Noddle. The default date is 15/07/2011.
            Ties up with your last payment within 6 months of last payment?

How did you make your payments DD/Standing order/ Over bank counter/ debit card?
            Would you be able to check payments made.

nem

Comment

I think my last payment was early 2011 so yes, the default date is within 6 months of that. I probably paid online with my debit card but I don't have that bank account any more and have no way of checking. Sorry I'm a bit vague - I had a breakdown in 2011 and ended up running away from everything, and there are a lot of things from that time that I've forgotten

Comment

I think my last payment was early 2011 so yes, the default date is within 6 months of that. I probably paid online with my debit card but I don't have that bank account any more and have no way of checking. Sorry I'm a bit vague - I had a breakdown in 2011 and ended up running away from everything, and there are a lot of things from that time that I've forgotten
                No problem Deeb. it's easy to forget anything when one has health problems or a breakdown!

It looks your defence may have to rely on non compliance with a CCA request, account opened 2004 ( do you have the exact date?) it's going to be hopefully difficult to get the agreement.

nem

Comment

Just to update - I've received a letter today 24th March from Mortimer Clarke, here's what they have written:

'Thank you for your letter dated 15/03/2016. We are taking or client's instructions in relation to your correspondence and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold.'

Do I need to notify the Court myself?

Comment

Just to update - I've received a letter today 24th March from Mortimer Clarke, here's what they have written:

'Thank you for your letter dated 15/03/2016. We are taking or client's instructions in relation to your correspondence and will come back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, the matter has been placed on hold.'

Do I need to notify the Court myself?
                    Unfortunately MC have not agreed to a formal extension of time their " on hold " means nothing in the court process which continues as normal.

nem

Comment

Ok, thank you nem, I'll just wait to see if Cabot produce any paperwork within the time frame.

Comment

I am told that many capital One agreements from that long ago are non compliant or unavailable

They could fulfil the S78 request by sending a recon or even something with a signature on it

Lets wait and see

BTW
                        As cases can take many months to actually reach court they could produce the agreement at any time up until the court date, it is supposed to be two weeks before but there are cases where it has been on the day

Comment

Thought I'd update this thread - it's almost a year on and I still haven't heard anything more.

Comment

Hi Deeb

Have you checked with court on the current status of the claim? (Stayed? Discontinued? etc.).
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              Hi Deeb

Have you checked with court on the current status of the claim? (Stayed? Discontinued? etc.).
                              I didn't even think of that,I'll do it now!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X