• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Our lost dog in adoption centre and reserved!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our lost dog in adoption centre and reserved!

Hi, new to this, looking for legal help in getting our dog back from adoption centre before she is removed. Centre not being helpful as they say our dog is now theirs! What can we do? 89yr old mother distraught as escaped and just managed to find where she was taken when found. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Our lost dog in adoption centre and reserved!

Hi, a very upsetting situation I would imagine, can you give some time scales please.
    How long has the dog been missing?
    Was it micro chipped or wearing id on collar?
    Rehoming organisations can only take dogs that have beendirectly signed over by their rightful owner for rehoming, or those that have been passedto them by the local authority dog warden after being held for 7 days. Rehoming Centrescannot take strays directly off the street or from well-meaning members of the public.

Comment

Hi, unfortunately she slipped her collar and was not yet micro chipped. It's my brothers dog and unfortunately the centre did give him several chances to reclaim the dog but said he would have to pay boarding fees, worming and micro chipping that they had already done. I called and said myself and my mother would pay the £150. They weren't helpful and told me to get him to call and that he would have to go through the adoption route with home check but whenever he rings they say no one is available for him to speak to! Is there anything I can do as I live miles away, all I can do is ring them and they say the dog is reserved and it's too late!

- - - Updated - - -

This has been going on since 19th Feb

Comment

I think but am unsure as to any laws, if the dog has already been adopted then that would be the end of the matter. They are under no obligation to give out any details of the people who adopted the dog. How this works with a dog that is reserved I have no idea, I suppose you can only hope the people or the new home is not suitable.
        Have you looked on the site of the kennels holding the dog, to see what the adoption fees are? For instance I think dogs trust is £120
        This is usually a standard fee as they do micro chipping, neutering etc before they put them up for adoption.
        Seems odd they are being funny if you can prove ownership and are willing to pay the adoption fee, but if a home check is part of the process, then i doubt you could argue that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X