• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Weightmans /Cabot /CCJ and letter before court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weightmans /Cabot /CCJ and letter before court

I received this letter of Weightmans solicitors last week as you can see from the dates this has been going on a long time, my question is how do i reply to this letter? I am not going to agree to any payment as i far i was concerned this was paid as they stopped taking the DD from my account in May 2009 not late may as states in the letter and the bank cannot help as their records show nothing over 6 years. By the way court order was acquired in June 2015!! with no contact regarding this account since i set up payment plan in Dec 2006!!
    Just need advice as to help with my defence.
    kind regards
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Weightmans /Cabot /CCJ and letter before court

Originally posted by jas73 View Post
    I received this letter of Weightmans solicitors last week as you can see from the dates this has been going on a long time, my question is how do i reply to this letter? I am not going to agree to any payment as i far i was concerned this was paid as they stopped taking the DD from my account in May 2009 not late may as states in the letter and the bank cannot help as their records show nothing over 6 years. By the way court order was acquired in June 2015!! with no contact regarding this account since i set up payment plan in Dec 2006!!
    Just need advice as to help with my defence.
    kind regards
    Good afternoon. welcome to LB,

With out knowing the full story advice may be somewhat limited.

Questions.

1. Who stopped taking direct debit payments in 2009?

2. Did you find out why the DDS were stopped?

3. Did you receive the court claim pack and respond to it?

4.Or was the judgement awarded by default?

5. You had a payment plan I am unsure who with and for how long?

6. What are the grounds for you application to set judgement aside?

7. Did you have a defence that has/had a reasonable prospect of success to the original claim.

nem

Comment

Re: Weightmans /Cabot /CCJ and letter before court

Hi nem,
      Thank you for your reply

1. I am absolutely certain i never cancelled the DD i ahd three going out at the same time to Cabot and one is still ongoing.
      2. I only realised the DD had stop when i got a court summons..have now all statements for all payments made.
      3/4. yes i received the court claim responded with appeal realised i could not afford the £155 at the time ..STUPID here buried head in the sand and have a CCJ by default kept head in sand and it was sent to local court for a detachment of earnings.When i phoned the local court and explained my case they said i could still apply set aside with the payment .
      5. The payment plan was set up in Dec 2006 for first DD to go out on the 1ST of every month this was with Cabot and still have original letter of DD mandate, these payments ceased on 30 May 2009.
      6. My defence probably a poor one at that is who cancelled the DD because i am unable to prove it via my bank...Looks like i am unable to use the FCA clause..the DD leaving my account dont add up right as to their (Cabot) reference on my statements the number after each DD started xxxxxxxxxx-2/1 and when up in nurmeric order with each month ie 1 was replaced with 2 ect after the 21 months the figure jumped to 300 and something! hope i am making sense?
      6. i am not quite understanding question 7?

I have talked to the National debt line earlier today and my advise was to seek legal advise and he thinks the letter is because they dont have any reason that they will win and still advised to use the limitations act.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X