• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking services - stockley park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking services - stockley park

I was pretty surprised to get a ticket at Virgin Active last night for parking ( with no valid ticket /Voucher/ Permit ) as I clearly had the permit displayed. Spoke to the gym and was told I was in fact parking in an area that is no longer allowed - no communication received re this and I have used the area to park many time previously as have many other gym members when space in the main cark park runs short.

I have submitted the appeal using the format from this site. This is the second time 'they' have changed where and how you can park at VA , last time I was parked in a car park which was apparently no longer allowed , however I appealed to POPLA and got off this one.

Question here I guess is how enforceable are these tickets, the reviews on the web say they are not. Secondly can they slam a CCJ on me without it actually going to county court which is where I am prepared to go with this should my appeal fail.

Regards and thanks for any advice.
    TRF
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking services - stockley park

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...ss-summary.pdf

The reality is that they are normally enforceable but many times the evidence doesn't stack up with the facts from Beavis.

They can still lose http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...e-drivers.html

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Timf View Post
      Secondly can they slam a CCJ on me without it actually going to county court which is where I am prepared to go with this should my appeal fail
      No they cannot just go and get a ccj, they need to go to court and give you a chance to defend. CCJ only IF you lose and IF you don't pay within 28 days.

Comment

Thank you v much I shall be going to court to defend then.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for replying . One other question is that there were clearly no double yellow lines on the road where I parked and this had been an area that was allowed previously, would this strengthen my case ?

Comment

Originally posted by Timf View Post
          Thank you v much I shall be going to court to defend then.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for replying . One other question is that there were clearly no double yellow lines on the road where I parked and this had been an area that was allowed previously, would this strengthen my case ?
          Depends on their case and if you have evidence which shows no restrictions. Get pictures if possible.

Was it the gym manager you spoke to ? Have you threatened to cancel membership ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X