• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

helppppppppppp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helppppppppppp

i have received a claim form from the county court business centre for an overstay in kfc on 23/3/15 they want £225.62 i ignored the first letters as i was told to do elsewhere but now have recieved this what can i do, can anyone help please
    Tags: None

Re: Claim form civil enforcement

if you get confirmation that he is in no standing to sign what do you do then please

Comment

Re: helppppppppppp

Post up sanitised versions of what you have and

Get your own confirmation from SRA that Schwartz has no standing to sign the claim.

I suggest you contact the SRA.

contactcentre@sra.org.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to you to enquire about Mr Michael David Schwartz #118966 who was/is subject to control of practice as per http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...ticle?decision

It is my understanding that "Mr Schwartz shall act as a solicitor only in employment, the arrangements for which have been approved by the SRA."

As he is lodging claim forms with the courts, i would like to enquire if any arrangements are in place to allow him to do so ?

Yours Sincerely

This has no effect on the court timescales and we must keep to those.

M1

Comment

Re: Claim form civil enforcement

Originally posted by debbie123456 View Post
        if you get confirmation that he is in no standing to sign what do you do then please
        We put it in the defence and hope the judge picks it up and does us a favour.

M1

Comment

i dont know how to post pics of the court letter

- - - Updated - - -

this is what i got back from SRA

Dear x,

Thank you for your email of 8 March 2016.

Mr Michael David Schwartz (SRA number 118966) was admitted to the roll of solicitors of England and Wales on 15 March 1979 and holds a current practising certificate free from conditions.

The conditions mentioned in your email were attached to his practising certificate in 2009. Since this his succeeding practicing certificates have had no conditions attached.

There are Findings and Orders that have been made by the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) against Michael David Schwartz. The reference number is TRI/688-00-CBJ. We do not have a copy on our records but this can be requested from the SDT. Their telephone number is [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]0207 329 4808[COLOR=#EC008C !important]
          [/COLOR].[/COLOR]

Please note that if a matter is due to be heard before the SDT, details can be found on our website at www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check.page. If this is the case, we are unable to discuss the matter with you.

If you have any further queries, please Contact us.

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Yours sincerely

Neil Bushell
          Contact Centre Officer

Contact Centre
          Solicitors
          Regulation Authority

Last edited by mystery1; 9th March 2016, 14:12:PM.

Comment

Think you might need to response to Mr Bushell as he doesn't seem to be able to read. [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Have you acknowledged the court claim ?

Could you type out the particulars of claim from the letter please if you can't do a pic of it xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

i havent acknowledged it yet as didnt know what to do. i have photos just dont know how to add them

- - - Updated - - -

it says -
              23/03/15 ref 2241378367 140

total due 140

the claimant claims the sum of 150.62 for outstanding debt and damages including 10.62 interest pursuant to S.69 of the county court acts 1984.
              total debt interest due = 150.62
              i will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form.

and thats it

Comment

Your claim form should have a password for the Money Claim On Line web site. Log into there and acknowledge the claim, Nothing else! Otherwise fill in the paperwork and return it. Again just acknowledge and do not submit defence. DO IT NOW. You need to do this to extend you times to submit a defence

Comment

i let me log in yesterday but today it is saying my password or claim number is wrong and it isnt

Comment

Phone up MCOL and ask if their system is down. It happens. If not then ask why you can't log in.

Comment

Originally posted by debbie123456 View Post
                      i dont know how to post pics of the court letter

- - - Updated - - -

this is what i got back from SRA

Dear x,

Thank you for your email of 8 March 2016.

Mr Michael David Schwartz (SRA number 118966) was admitted to the roll of solicitors of England and Wales on 15 March 1979 and holds a current practising certificate free from conditions.

The conditions mentioned in your email were attached to his practising certificate in 2009. Since this his succeeding practicing certificates have had no conditions attached.

There are Findings and Orders that have been made by the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT) against Michael David Schwartz. The reference number is TRI/688-00-CBJ. We do not have a copy on our records but this can be requested from the SDT. Their telephone number is [COLOR=#00AFFD !important]0207 329 4808[COLOR=#EC008C !important]
                      [/COLOR].[/COLOR]

Please note that if a matter is due to be heard before the SDT, details can be found on our website at www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check.page. If this is the case, we are unable to discuss the matter with you.

If you have any further queries, please Contact us.

Yours sincerely

Neil Bushell
                      Contact Centre Officer

Contact Centre
                      Solicitors
                      Regulation Authority

Dear Mr Bushell,

I am afraid your response makes no sense to myself. You state "The conditions mentioned in your email were attached to his practising certificate in 2009." Given the condition i refer to

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...ticle?decision is dated 2015 i am at a loss to why you state 2009. Please can you advise ?

Yours etc

M1

Comment

thanks so much i have sent that response

Comment

had a reply this morning

RE: Mr Schwartz

Contactcentre
                          Add to contacts
                          09:05

To: debbie123456

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email of 9 March 2016.

We are currently waiting information from another team within the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) before we can fully respond to your enquiry.

I will contact you again once I receive a response. Unfortunately the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) are unable to advise if we have received a request for permission of employment.

If you have concerns about conduct of a solicitor or believe an individual is practising against any of our guidelines then please send your information to report@sra.org.uk.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please Contact Us.

Yours sincerely

Tony Westwood
                          Contact Centre Officer
                          Solicitors
                          Regulation Authority

0370 606 2555

Last edited by Kati; 10th March 2016, 10:38:AM.

Comment

Nice to see them admit their previous letter was just wrong...
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

right i cant speak to anyone online to access the online service to acknowledge the claim so im having to do it on the form..ive signed and ddated it do i tik box 1 - i intend to defend all of this claim ?

thanks guys

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X