• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Oporto V Yorkshire Bank ***SETTLED***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received a phone call from YB leeds this morn' 12.25pm, lady informed me that the call is being recorded, I told her thats ok because I'm recording as well,she shouted "you can't do that without a licence it's illegal I'm going to ask the manager", after 2 mins she said the call must be terminated, goodbye, a letter will be in the post.WHAT NEXT?

Comment

Just popped in to say cheerio, thanks for your advice. Adios.

Comment

What happened in the end?

Comment

Re: Oporto V Yorkshire Bank

Oporto,

You should now have your copy of the N1 form and personalised POC I sent you , I need you to contact me before you submit it into court . You know how to contact me and goes without saying in your own time friend.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Received a letter this morn' from Y B solicitors Sutcliffe and Co demanding immediate payment of overdraft, or else!, they have also debited the acc' with a further £20 for sending the letter. Some one forgot to tell them that the acc' is in dispute, or are they trying it on?

Comment

ooo I wonder....I assume you are going to remind them, nicely of course
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Definitely going to remind them,"not so nicely".Ame' I'm including a picture of my avator in an angry mood.lol.

Comment

Did you manage to get that spreadsheet sorted ?
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Up date on the claim against YB. The claim is not for penalty charges and therefore doesn't come under the oft ruling,under the YB terms and conditions it states (if the account doesn't exceed the agreed authorised limit banking is free) this account did not go one penny over the limit as the 6 year back statements prove, and yet they put charges on every three months plus interest.I have received a lot of fob letters from Leeds and Glasgow regarding this claim now my patience with this shower is finished.They were given one last chance on Wed' 17-10-07 to give back the money they had taken not unlawfully but illegally from the account by today 19-10-07, they have not responded so it's the CC on monday with an N1 for £++++ plus 8% CI% and of course costs.Iam also taking advice wether to prosicute them for theft.

Comment

that is incredible Oporto!! I bet they will still argue the toss over it....
                      I don't know if it's possible to prosecute them for it, But I'll wish you luck on that... sure would be nice to see the tables get turned for once.

all the best
                      Tempty xx

Comment

Hi Oporto

Just to go back over your case for everyone who isn`t familiar with the circumstances.
                        • Your T&C`s stated (as everyones does) `free banking` while ever the account remained in credit ,
                        • No charges other than debit interest if you used the facility of the agreed and arranged overdraft staying inside the agreed credit limit
                        • You received charges every three months/quarterly which was NEVER agreed to and is no where in the agreed T&C`s
                        • You have repeatedly pointed this out to them
                        • You have been hounded by YB collections and Jeremy Sutcliffes solicitors amongst others
                        You are now at the stage where you have exhausted all avenues other than issuing a claim in court for charges wrongfully taken , these are NOT the usual penalty charges that most other people are claiming back and therefore are NOT subject to the OFT test case , UTCCR etc etc.

Plainly these are charges taken for no apparent reason whatsoever , I have helped you with your plight for many many months now and still they refuse to refund these charges . The legal advice you have been given is well researched and accurate and very very well qualified (good to have a QC at hand:okay

There is no defence in court whatsoever for YB for having taken these charges and there is also no `grey area` , the charges ARE unlawful .

As for criminal proceedings , that is your choice , but we both know (as does your `advisor` ) that there are three possible prosecutions that may be brought under the 1968 Theft Act :-
                        • Fraud
                        • Pecuniary Advantage
                        • Theft
                        You have all the evidence you need to supply to the police and CPS , if I were the YB right now I would be falling over myself to settle with you. I know your charges amount to £xxxx I definitely be asking for costs , interest , damages , any default on any CRA records to be removed (not just amended) and a full written apology from way up high as well as the Branch Manager himself .

As we have also discussed at length by telephone , you have open to you through LB and vast resource of media contacts as I know for a fact the press are already very , very interested in your case . Under no circumstances settle with the condition of confidentiality , this is their problem not yours , you have been ignored enough by these people , you have every right to see justice served.

Speak with you some more later

Tools

Comment

This is an amazing case.

I know that YB are famous for fighting dirty and being difficult, and for that reason if it were me I would fight this all the way. I did do battle with them some years ago over unfair daily charges added on to an account with disregard for a prior arrangement, and eventually they gave way after a long fight.

In this case it seems that you've been very amenable and that you have no option now but to take it further. Good luck with it.

Comment

Thank you Tools Kafka and CYN, Just to let you know I' ve taken advice from my advisor, and now after receiving a letter yesterday from HQ Leeds demanding that I start paying to a DCA a payment every month to pay off the authorized od. Well the gloves are off no more pussyfooting, and fob off letters it's off to york cc and prosecuting them via the police for THEFT, I've been assured that I have a Good case against them.So here I go and not alone.

Comment

With you all the way Oporto.

Will try to get that N1 to you Monday when we meet.

Speak soon.

Tools

Comment

:okay::carrot:Won Won Won Received today an offer from YB for the full amount I was claiming £xxx.xx plus £xxx.xx expenses. I will post all the details later.special thanks to tools and Cyn.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X