• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dom&gen complaint advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom&gen complaint advice

Hi guys, in need of a little advice and guidance please.
    I have my washer and my dryer both under dom&gen warrenty, both seperate warrenties.
    I called to get my dryer repaired and the lady couldn't find any accounts under my name and transferred me to accounts. The guy then searched my bank details and found my payments but the name and address on the account wasn't mine but somebody who lived over 260 miles away from me. He rectified this and placed my name and address on to the account. He tried to get me a repair code but he couldn't and told me I would need to cancel and renew the warrenty and transferred me to cancellations. They then proceeded to cancel said contract and renew. In the end I got a code but was told I would need to pay upfront for the repair and they would reimburse me 5 days later. My contract originally was due to be finished on the 4/3/16 anyway. I called on the 1/2/16 for the repair.
    I have never had to pay upfront when my washer broke down and I obviously pay the monthly payment for peace of mind that if and when I need a repair it will be done. The cost for my repair is to be over £100 and I don't have that amount to pay upfront
    I cannot state what the contract t&cs are as my renewals have obviously been going to someone 260miles away.
    Where do I stand with this company? I have put a complaint to the CEO but I'm still waiting for the investigation to be completed.
    I am in the mind that I wish to claw back my payments under the gronds that the payments wasn't going to my account per se and that as no renewal was sent to me I can't in effect be under the contract? Is this a form of fraud? Data protection act? don't know.
    Any help guiding me in the right direction would be great but also if I should just leave it and cut my losses then please do say.
    Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X