• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dlc ccj application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dlc ccj application

Hi Nemesis45, It has now been months since I requested information from Cabot group, but neither myself nor the court ( I assume) have had any further paperwork regarding this matter. Should I now ask the court to set aside (throw out) this case, or do I have to leave it longer as I am now finding it very difficult with this hanging over me, or can they do this?
    Kindest regards
    Rangiemad

Comment

Originally posted by rangiemad View Post
      Hi Nemesis45, It has now been months since I requested information from Cabot group, but neither myself nor the court ( I assume) have had any further paperwork regarding this matter. Should I now ask the court to set aside (throw out) this case, or do I have to leave it longer as I am now finding it very difficult with this hanging over me, or can they do this?
      Kindest regards
      Rangiemad
      Hi,

Have you contacted the court to see if the claim is stayed?
      Cabot had 28 days to respond to the defence + 5 days for service,

You would need to make application to the court for the claim to be struck out ( Form N244).

When you have checked for the status of the claim I suggest writing to the claimants solicitor " inviting" them to advise their client to discontinue/withdraw the claim or you will apply to the court for the claim to be struck out at their clients cost.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Kindest regards
      Rangiemad
      Hi,

Have you contacted the court to see if the claim is stayed?
      Cabot had 28 days to respond to the defence + 5 days for service,

You would need to make application to the court for the claim to be struck out ( Form N244).

When you have checked for the status of the claim I suggest writing to the claimants solicitor " inviting" them to advise their client to discontinue/withdraw the claim or you will apply to the court for the claim to be struck out at their clients cost.

nem

Comment

thanks Nem, much appreciated, will check on portal when I get back tonight and send letter to sols to be signed for.
        Cheers

Comment

thanks Nem, much appreciated, will check on portal when I get back tonight and send letter to sols to be signed for.
          Cheers
          OK Keep us posted.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,
            Sorry it has been a while, after doing all of the above, I have had no correspondence from any of the other parties involved, on mcol, the claim history only shows :-acknowledgement of claim 04/01/16 - acknowledgement of claim 05/01/16 - your defence was received 14/03/16. nothing else.

Would their response to the defence show on this list, i.e.if it hasn't, time to ask mcol to strike off, or, am I better off leaving in this state of limbo, as if thrown out, wondering if they will just issue another court summons and have to go through all the rigmarole again, resetting the time scale for 6 years from now to statute bar.

It is also interesting that they have another debt they purchased at the same time as this one, but nothing has been done about this and I think this is getting very close to 6 years since last acknowledgement of this. Are they using the first as a litmus test to see if I would declare bankruptcy on the first, hence they haven't served on the second yet.

Thanks for help,
            Rangiemad

Comment

Hi,

Is anybody able to advise on my last post,

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Is anybody able to advise on my last post,

Thanks
                Good morning.

The claimant has 28 days +5 for service in which to respond to your defence, if they don't respond within the timescale the court will stay "suspend" the claim , you are not informed when this happens so it will be necessary to check with the court once time has run out.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have just spoken to MCOL, and the case was stayed on the 18/04/2016. I some how don't think this is the last I will hear from these people, but thanks to all your advice and help, hopefully this is another win thanks to Legal Beagles, and yourself in particular.

I hope other people will be able to read this thread and take the same course of action to stick it to these vultures.

Many, many thanks for all your help, this really has taken a great burden off my back and helped greatly with my health issues knowing this is (for the time being) over.

Kindest regards

Rangiemad!

P.S. if anyone using Legal Beagles in the York area with a Land rover has any diagnostic issues, I am more than willing to help them for free as a gesture of gratitude to Legal Beagles.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X