• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from county court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form received from county court

do not go to court - been dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpneeded2016 View Post
      Hi everyone update on the case. I received a court case date for the 20th of October 2016. I was fully prepared to go to court to defend stating no information received, however I have received a letter today; a general form of judgement or order to say the claimant failed to pay their small claims hearing fee of £335 therefore the judge has ruled the claim be struck out and the small claims hearing listed be vacated.

What does this mean? Is it finished and hoist cannot claim for this debt again. Is there any way I can make sure this debt cannot be pursued by any debt company if it's sold on and they try the court route again.

Any advice appreciated.
      The claim has been struck out as the hearing fee was not paid I guess Hoist realised that there was little prospect of success.

There is no judgement on the debt though, is this on your credit files?

nem

Comment

Hi, yes it does show on my credit file.

Comment

Hi, yes it does show on my credit file.
          Is the default near the six year cut off point.

nem

Comment

Hi, default was April 2013 according to credit report.

Comment

Hi, default was April 2013 according to credit report.
              So a long time to go before it's removed,

Early in the thread you mention the card may have been opened fraudulently, have you looked further into this?

My thought is to a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, to BC it requires them to provide all the personal data they hold on you regarding all/any accounts you have had with them. There's a £10 statutory fee to pay but I think it may be worth it.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X