• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Transfer to a Debt Agency - Mortgage Age Discrimination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt Transfer to a Debt Agency - Mortgage Age Discrimination

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
    Thanks CHUMs. This site has real PEDIGREE.
    How do you get more bones?
    Apologies - I went to answer & then saw Ame got there first!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I received monthly records of how much was paid to each 'creditor', but no statements of balances.

Comment

Just been into my credit file and it looks like 2 of my DCAs have defaulted me since February when no doubt Compass failed to pay them. That has probably put some more nails in my mortgage extension on my home. I have since sent them at least double the Compass token amounts (often as low as £3) and the inevitable CCAs.

So I'm sitting tight now and awaiting the results of the CCAs. I've sent an SAR to the Compass Administrators (hope that was the best route?) and wil lstart SARs once I get no responses fro msome of my CCAs - it gets too expensive with 12 'creditors' to send the mall an SAR = £120.
        Before the Default marker - what shows on your credit file - arrangement, 6's, D's ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just been into my credit file and it looks like 2 of my DCAs have defaulted me since February when no doubt Compass failed to pay them
          All the DCAs should have defaulted you between 3 and 6 months into a debt management plan if the payments being made are low. Some of them don't round to this for a long while. It may have been the failure by Compass to pay that made them look at your record, but this should have been done ages ago.

Comment

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...6&postcount=56

Originally posted by TTimeOuT
            I absolutely livid as am also a compass client and I doubt if I will ever see another penny of my money. I was with compass for 9 years and I aml devastated because I had about 8000 left behind with compass. Then I was also contacted by this Abbey Solicitors. Compass told me that the money they had put aside from my payments was going to be used to pay Abbey solicitors who was going to clear my debt in 12 months. They said if abbey solicitors did not clear up all of my debt they would use the money in my pot towards it but now Abbey solicitors wont talk about compass and this made me suspicious. When I spoke to them they just refused to give me any help or advice about compass by saying it had nothing to do with them yet they have all the information about all of my debts. I spoke to the same lady ever time I called and considering all of the people they are suppose to help she is the only person taking the calls and something did not seem right and I have not gone ahead with it.. I don't want to be another victim to a get rich quick scheme. They told me there was no money from compass to pay for there service. From what I can tell abbey and compass are all part of the same greedy business which helps themselves to the pockets of people who are vulnerable and are unsure which way to turn. They line there ppockets and then you are still left with the debt. Abbey wanted me to pay them £400 a mothn to look at my debts for 12 months and tell me if my debts could be written off. I was told by a barrister that I should steer clear of this and just divide this money up and pay my debts straight to my creditors and I am taking this advice. I hope other people on here in the same situation as myself will take this this advice.I hope this helps I wiil be attending any meeting about compass. The more of us that can come together will bring more attention to this situation

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Before the Default marker - what shows on your credit file - arrangement, 6's, D's ?
              sorry - only just seen this.

I don't see anything like that on Noddle - it just gives my score which was about 265 or thereabouts - it's going up slightly each month, but it has a long way to go.

I never used to monitor my Credit File, so I imagine all of my creditors have defaulted me. Am I missing something on Noddle - perhaps more detailed stuff?

Comment

It should be a lively meeting! But they can't discuss individual cases and so a few people are likely to take up a lot of unnecessary time and oxygen.

Are we sure Abbey Solicitors are linked other than selling on the Compass clients? I can't find anything on their website, not that that means anything.

The legal advice TTimeoutT has been given is identical to mine - steer clear, it's largely impossible to write off debts in this way. And it makes far more sense to pay £5K a year towards one's debts.

Once again a Compass rep has lied. something has to be done about this dishonesty.

Comment

sorry - only just seen this.

I don't see anything like that on Noddle - it just gives my score which was about 265 or thereabouts - it's going up slightly each month, but it has a long way to go.

I never used to monitor my Credit File, so I imagine all of my creditors have defaulted me. Am I missing something on Noddle - perhaps more detailed stuff?
                  Yes, you'll need to investigate a bit further in Noddle - click about a bit - you should get a list of debts with a link to a fuller page on each which gives a kind of calendar with the markers showing.

Like this ( this is an equifax one - Noddles is actually prettier )
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It should be a lively meeting! But they can't discuss individual cases and so a few people are likely to take up a lot of unnecessary time and oxygen.

Are we sure Abbey Solicitors are linked other than selling on the Compass clients? I can't find anything on their website, not that that means anything.

The legal advice TTimeoutT has been given is identical to mine - steer clear, it's largely impossible to write off debts in this way. And it makes far more sense to pay £5K a year towards one's debts.

Once again a Compass rep has lied. something has to be done about this dishonesty.
                    We don't have any link between Abbey and Compass/RMR/RMMR at all other than Abbey contacting Compass clients. Many firms sell on their books when they start failing, Abbey don't have a consumer credit licence though - only incidental via the SRA as solicitors... so they couldn't buy a book of clients to take over DMPs.

But this
                    Compass told me that the money they had put aside from my payments was going to be used to pay Abbey solicitors who was going to clear my debt in 12 months. They said if abbey solicitors did not clear up all of my debt they would use the money in my pot towards it
                    makes the link a bit more in depth - we should know more once we've got hold of whatever paperworks been being sent out.

And yes, steer clear ( if you hadn't already worked out that's what we think xx )

Wondering, considering the link between Compass and Bourne, if the relationship between Compass and Abbey was similar to that of Bournes and Madox-Brown .... there's no shared directors in this case though.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Re: Debt Transfer to a Debt Agency - Mortgage Age Discrimination

All very devious. The Bournes - Compass/RMR link was bad enough. A leopard doesn't change its stripes.

Comment

New letter

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                          New letter

Thanks for that - I've not received my revised letter yet.
                          Wingco

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X