• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Booking.com - at it again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking.com - at it again!

Not sure if this should be under consumer affairs or scams!
    I know we have had a few threads about Booking.com but wait ‘till you hear this.
    Bellow you will see a screenshot of their page for the Rembrandt Hotel in Kensington. The deal is £159.00 for a classic twin and £159.20 for a double executive. We booked the double exec and were charged £159.20. They sent an email confirmation to say a Classic Twin was reserved at £159.20. Naturally we called their customer services and pointed out the error. That evening we had to call again and, with some vigour pointed out the error and expressed our ‘disappointment ‘that they had not sorted it out. They first of all tried to claim we selected the wrong room –Not true because the cost was for the executive- Ok, I know it is only 20pence but we wanted an exec. Double and the price indicated we selected an executive double –anyway….Yesterday both booking.com and the Rembrandt sent us emails telling us that we must pay an extra £20 to upgrade our room! So we would pay £179.20 for a room they clearly advertise as costing £159.20
    I duly danced an absolute fandango. Their options are if we want what they advertised and what we booked we must either pay an extra £20 or put up with the twin inferior room. – OH or lose our money. So I emailed and made a formal complaint. It was ignored. I then emailed Darren Huston the CEO and a chap from the USA has been trying to call us. We have pointed out that all communication must be by email so everything is in writing but he keeps saying he wants to ‘chat’ about it. We will see how that turns out because no way would I trust ‘man with forked tongue’. In writing or nothing.
    I have emailed the Rembrandt and expressed my disappointment that they are supporting booking.com. –We stay there a lot but…..on expenses and yes I can claim this visit as well but that is not the point. Surely this is some sort of scam. Pay us more for what you booked or you lose your money!
    Anyway, there it is –be warned and your comments would be greatly appreciated.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous
    Tags: None

Re: Booking.com - at it again!

Booking.com really do need to get their act into gear

I recently booked a room in a far flung place
    Within hours of booking that room I was getting emails from Booking.com offering me hotels in that same place at the same time I had already booked. This has continued now for several months so I have consigned their emails to the spam folder

Comment

I just want to reiterate the point that the Rembrandt is not, in any way, at fault here. They have been smashing as usual but this lot just drag the names of decent hotels and other services into the mud with them. I am like a dog with a rat over this! Not only is this a working visit but we have tickets for a recital at the Royal Albert Hall for that night as well as it is our anniversary so no way we are going for the ‘twin bed’ situation. When you get to the age when seed catalogues and Rennies are strewn across the bedside table you take any opportunity for a bit of ….romance!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
        so no way we are going for the ‘twin bed’ situation. When you get to the age when seed catalogues and Rennies are strewn across the bedside table you take any opportunity for a bit of ….romance!

T.M.I.

Comment

Can I ask why you did not book direct with the hotel?

Comment

I was just reading yesterday that booking.com occupies 3 slots in the ASA's most complained about ads in 2015. Oddly enough none of the complaints were upheld https://www.asa.org.uk/News-resource...x#.Vtg-9-aK3Fk

Comment

Nothing to do with their pricing though - just because some easily offended people who thought the Telly was saying Booking instead of the F word.... I think they just have dirty minds myself.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                Can I ask why you did not book direct with the hotel?

It was about £40 cheaper. They get a kickback from the hotels allowing them to offer a discount. Ah well, we know the old adage; if it’s too good to be true.....

~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Nothing to do with their pricing though - just because some easily offended people who thought the Telly was saying Booking instead of the F word.... I think they just have dirty minds myself.
                  Oh you are joking! Mind you, I have been applying the old rhyming slang to their name myself. If we went for twin beds it will be ‘No *******.com I know; too much information.
                  The hotel have been fantastic though and have offered to sort it out but I am out for blood now!

~ Anonymous

Comment

WON! OK, it is not as impressive as the other wins on here but I am doing a little dance.
                    A lot of emails have been flying about - mostly them giving us the ‘proverbial’ about their booking system and that their policy is not to issue refunds when it is our fault blah, blah blah and this afternoon I snapped and sent the following email - The more expert Beagles may find I referred to the wrong legislation etc. but hey, I am proud (and still not getting out much!)

Dear Sir
                    Let us be absolutely clear. There are issues here that you cannot explain satisfactorily. Had we selected the classic twin room your confirmation would have shown a charge of £159.00. Instead it showed a charge for £159.20 i.e. the price advertised for the double executive room. If the wrong selection had been made it still would not explain why were expected to pay a total of £179.20 for a room you still insist can be booked on your website for £159.20.
                    Another point is the fact that your customer services did not try and resolve this and it was only by escalating the issue any response has been forthcoming.
                    We wish to cancel this booking and will accept nothing less than a total refund. A basic level of customer care and common courtesy could have prevented the issue escalating. We ordered product A –you decided to supply an inferior product or charge us more than the advertised price for product A. We refuse to pay more than the advertised price and demanding an increase after booking is contrary to current legislation including the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You did not supply the product we ordered and paid for and we are therefore entitled to a full refund. As well as reporting your action to the relative authorities and governing bodies we will also consider civil action through the small claims court should you not issue a full refund immediately.

And they have duly confirmed a refund is on its way!
                    Go Me!:high5:

~ Anonymous

Comment

Who gives a book if the legislation was wrong. It worked.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X