• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Possible Mis-sold Equity Loan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Mis-sold Equity Loan?

Hello
    I am in the middle of fighting with a council about forcing my uncle and auntie to sell their house because they are both in a care home ( which is another story!) Anyway I have found out about the deferred Care Home fee system which is like a loan from the council. But I have found that my uncle took out an equity loan with Dunfermline BS ( now defunct) for £25000 - but they have to repay £94000 when the house is sold ! They also I think are going to stop us renting the house out to help with the care home fees. this charge may stop the council also putting a charge on the house .

I am going to write to them as I have POA do you think I should SAR them for the original agreement ( even though I might with some searching find it) If so can you point me to the right place on the forum to find the paperwork . And has any one else had experience with these type of loans in respect of finding out they are illegal in any way?

Thanks
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X