• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Parking charge from Excel Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking charge from Excel Parking

Hi,

i have just just recieved a letter from bwlegal on behalf of excel parking services Ltd threatening to take me to court for. In payment of parking fine. Unless I pay in full within 10days

HELP!!
    Tags: None

Is this the first ever contact ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Is this the first ever contact ?

M1
      Hi,

no it isn't they wrote to me telling me in had recieved a PCN for parking I appealed with them to which they rejected. However I failed to lodge the complaint with POPLA and ignored any more correspondence with them.

Until today

Comment

Can you post the letter, suitably sanitised ? Previous ones too if you still have them.

M1

Comment

Ok I only have the letter I recieved today have sent attached a photo for you..

many thanks amanda
          Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't look like a proper letter before action to me. If it was mine i'd file it and ignore it and if court papers did arrive, deal with them.

M1

Comment

Hi,

i ignored red the letter as advised, however I have recieved another letter from them stating that I had a CCJ and if I did not pay then I should expect the bailiffs.

Inhave checked my my credit file and sure enough the CCJ is there. But I never recieved any court papers in order to put in my defence.

I originally got the ticket whilst living at an old address, but as they had my new address to send the previous letter, how could court papers possibly not get to me?

please HELP

Comment

The red letter ( that you posted on here march 2016) went to your current address ? any other letters ? Were you at current address when you appealed the original pcn?

Sending claims to old addresses is a bit of a sneaky tactic some companies use to obtain default judgments - it means you'll now have to go through making a set aside application ... how long ago was the judgment awarded ? and how much is it for ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Filthy b@stards.

Priority is to set it aside. Read this thread on how to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...et-aside-a-CCJ not forgetting to include the evidence of writing to an old address in a deliberate act.

As for why you should win the actual parking matter etc http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5672664 has more info than you could shake a stick at.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    The red letter ( that you posted on here march 2016) went to your current address ? any other letters ? Were you at current address when you appealed the original pcn?

Sending claims to old addresses is a bit of a sneaky tactic some companies use to obtain default judgments - it means you'll now have to go through making a set aside application ... how long ago was the judgment awarded ? and how much is it for ?
                    Thank you for the reply...

No after the letter I posted on here I have had no other contact with them until this letter. I'm almost positive we appealed the original pcn back at our old address.

the judgment was made in May 2016 for £263.56

will try try and upload the letter.

How do do I start with a set aside application?

Comment

Can't seem to upload a Joel image from iPad, will log on tomorrow with laptop and upload it.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I include evidence of writing to an old address? I've not received court papers in order to file my defence, or anything to tell me about the CCJ until this letter.

isnthere a way I can get hold of the judgement from the court, will that show the address the papers were issued to?

Comment

You'll need to contact the court to get that information.

0300 123 1057

M1

Comment

You'll need to contact the court to get that information.

0300 123 1057

M1
                          I have yet to call the court to get the required information, but spent the morning reading the Information you sent in the links posted.

From this I believe that to set aside the judgement the application alone is going to cost me £225. So if I pay for this and then lose and still have to pay the parking charge it's going to end up costing me a lot of money 😐

I cant ant believe anybody can and does work in such an obscene manner in order to get payment, but think I'm going to have to pay it.

Comment

It's £255 unless you're exempt https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

It can also be reduced to £100 if you chose to file the set aside by consent (BW Legal/Excel agree to it). If you show them they wrote to you at a new address before they lodged a claim at an old address.

If you pay it will be over, obviously, but be aware if you have taken longer than 28 days since judgement was handed down that this will be recorded at the credit reference agencies for 6 years.

M1

Comment

Ok, so i have spoken to the court and the judgement was made at my last address. They have emailed all the forms I need including the one to apply for the exempt fees.

Do do I contact BW Legal, and advise them that the judgement was made by default, and that I am applying to have it set aside?

They are are threatening me with bailiffs if I do not respond to them by the 28th I'm worried sick!

What at happens if they turn up, Before I have even had a court date? I know these things can take awhile.

Many thanks amanda

It's £255 unless you're exempt https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

It can also be reduced to £100 if you chose to file the set aside by consent (BW Legal/Excel agree to it). If you show them they wrote to you at a new address before they lodged a claim at an old address.

If you pay it will be over, obviously, but be aware if you have taken longer than 28 days since judgement was handed down that this will be recorded at the credit reference agencies for 6 years.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X