Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

• Display
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Re: Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

The results of any mediation are usually subject to confidentiality clauses in the form of Tomlin order. However above (post 7) is mentioned a case where the interest term has been ruled unfair using the UTCCR 5.1 regulations which was in the district courts so sadly only directly applicable to that specific case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi all,
    OK my situation is i borrowed 50k back in 2006 and have a current balance of 66k. Elderbridge pulled the plug in Jan 2016 and told me i cant afford the payments and will be repossessed soon as. I went to a suspended possession hearing 3 weeks ago which was granted and i am now waiting for my date to vacate.
    My house is up for sale and that is my only option . The Elderridge solicitor is a patronising git who gave me the number for Shelter. Not alot of help out there now there where some sites a few years ago fighting First Plus but seem to have died. Ive got maybe a couple of months before they take control, any help or info would be gratefully accepted.
    Steve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Spyker68;716972]Hi all,
    OK my situation is i borrowed 50k back in 2006 and have a current balance of 66k. Elderbridge pulled the plug in Jan 2016 and told me i cant afford the payments and will be repossessed soon as. I went to a suspended possession hearing 3 weeks ago which was granted and i am now waiting for my date to vacate.
    My house is up for sale and that is my only option . The Elderridge solicitor is a patronising git who gave me the number for Shelter. Not alot of help out there now there where some sites a few years ago fighting First Plus but seem to have died. Ive got maybe a couple of months before they take control, any help or info would be gratefully accepted.
    Steve.[

Steve

When you write over sites that have died, who may I ask have you tried ? There is loads of information on here such as this thread. Are you saying you are not able to comply with suspended order ? Have you spoken with the CAB or shelter ?

What is it you would want to do about it ? Who was representing Elderbridge ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eversheds represented Elderbridge. I dont need this mess and now im going to lose my home. The shortfall also means im still not rid of these people.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Is it a twenty five year loan ? When you say shortfall do you mean arrears or the property will not cover the outstanding amount/s. ?

Is the suspended order based on paying the loan plus an additional amount for arrears ?
    Last edited by Fred; 21st March 2017 at 16:23:PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Fred,
    yes its 25 years, yes arrears and additional amount.
    The sale wont cover the debt either, is it worth me selling with all the costs incurred or just hand the keys back to my first charge mortgage provider?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12