• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

Prior to proceeding phone call with eversheds we asked if it was being recorded. They said yes. So we need that info to make elderbridge go away. Elderbridge supplied SAR disc about a year ago but not all info on there so I asked them to fulfill the agreed data to us. They have replied by saying prove who you are??passport marriage certificate etc. Apart from this issue they are writing to me at my address! Have written to fca and ico to complain.

Comment

Let elderbridge know of your complaint to ico I did this and received a cheque for £250 from customer complaints department

Comment

I have done that....so I hope I will also get £250! Having said that every time they write to me, I write back stating I have already responded and enclose an invoice for time and money spent. I trying to raise funds to pay them off!! Lol.

Comment

[QUOTE=elder-rigged;687405]We have had the same issue with regards to the PPI refund being split so the arrears was not cleared in full. This meant that Firstplus court order for us to pay an additional £100 a month stayed in place. Took this issue up with Firstplus (Red Castle) with no response. Since Elderbridge took on the Loan I sent them copies of all letters and the signed "Acceptance" letter sent to First Plus to pay off all arrears and as yet 3 months later still no response on this.

Mind you got a letter today from Elderbridge stating that the interest rate on our loan has been reduced due to the recent announcements, however after reviewing our account they are not going to pass this on!!! surely this is not legal as they are not reducing the capital loan owed and taking funds for arrears that should not be there.

Let me know how you get on with them[/QU

Dear Sir/Madam

Ring me on 07973383055 between 11am - 8pm, and I will talk to you about what you could do now. We also have a court case with Elderbridge Ltd and so far we are winning. In the mean time research on internet OR YouTube words like SECURITISATION, UK SECURITISATION REGULATIONS AND LAWS, SPV'S (SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES) NOVATION DEED, FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING, BANKING LAWS, PROPERTY ACT 1925, REDEEMING OF DEBT TO GET BACK YOUR ORIGINAL NOTE (NOT PHOTOCOPY)

Hope this helps
          NMaya

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

Ring me on 07973383055 between 11am - 8pm, and I will talk to you about what you could do now. We also have a court case with Elderbridge Ltd and so far we are winning. In the mean time research on internet OR YouTube words like SECURITISATION, UK SECURITISATION REGULATIONS AND LAWS, SPV'S (SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES) NOVATION DEED, FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING, BANKING LAWS, PROPERTY ACT 1925, REDEEMING OF DEBT TO GET BACK YOUR ORIGINAL NOTE (NOT PHOTOCOPY)

Hope this helps
            NMaya

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Sir/Madam

Hope this helps
            NMaya

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Sir/Madam

Hope this helps
            NMaya

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Sir/Madam

Hope this helps
            NMaya

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Sir/Madam

Hope this helps
            NMaya

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax71 View Post
              Decided it was time to file my claim after attempting to get the regulators to do their job. Over 5 years the FOS, the OFT, the PHSO, the ICO and the CMA have all considered disclosure of information that would assist me in identifying whether I have been wronged. They have colluded to ensure information that would answer my contentions straight away is not shared, even under the stringent EA241A disclosure legislation. Shocking doesn't quite do this charade justice.

Anyhow as the published accounts clearly show that the only increased costs incurred by the bank are PPI related, e.g. introducer commissions (69% of total income at inception), whilst everything else, e.g. interest expense & operating costs have plummeted, my claim is a pretty simple one.
              What costs havebeen incurred by the lender, above and beyond those in place at loaninception, that legitimately explain why our loan liability (Capitalplus Interest) over the course of 25 years should be increased.

The loan book was sold to Elderbridge Ltd in January and neither would admit it was their responsibility to defend the claim at LBA stage - so I've filed against both - let the court decide.

I've asked for the claim to be considered under, but not limited to, the CCA 140 Unfair Relationships.

I've included the summary discussions that were disclosed recently disclosed http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ight=firstplus
              as this spells out the OFT's initial thoughts, i.e. that it was an unfair relationshipbut then failed to progress that point, and included a brief summary of the accounts over the last 10 years showing the shift in the income activity. Note - only legitimate costs that have an effect on my loan can be passed on to my APR.

My claim here is for fairness, not to avoid my liability, it always has been, always will be. The bottom line is I'm being made to pay extra due to the banks failed business model which was built in PPI.

Fingers crossed that I get a decent judge. I've requested, as a minimum, removal of the excess liability, unless legitimate costs are identified.

Dear Sir/Madam

Ring me onxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx between 11am - 8pm, and I will talk to you about what you could do now. We also have a court case with Elderbridge Ltd and so far we are winning. In the mean time research on internet OR YouTube words like SECURITISATION, UK SECURITISATION REGULATIONS AND LAWS, SPV'S (SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES) NOVATION DEED, FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING, BANKING LAWS, PROPERTY ACT 1925, REDEEMING OF DEBT TO GET BACK YOUR ORIGINAL NOTE (NOT PHOTOCOPY)

Hope this helps
              NMaya
              Last edited by Amethyst; 8th August 2017, 07:57:AM. Reason: removed phone number

Comment

Originally posted by Narmaya View Post
                Dear Sir/Madam

Ring me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx between 11am - 8pm, and I will talk to you about what you could do now. We also have a court case with Elderbridge Ltd and so far we are winning. In the mean time research on internet OR YouTube words like SECURITISATION, UK SECURITISATION REGULATIONS AND LAWS, SPV'S (SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES) NOVATION DEED, FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING, BANKING LAWS, PROPERTY ACT 1925, REDEEMING OF DEBT TO GET BACK YOUR ORIGINAL NOTE (NOT PHOTOCOPY)

Hope this helps
                NMaya
                "Winning" could you PM me with a little more detail please...
                Last edited by Amethyst; 8th August 2017, 07:58:AM.

Comment

"Winning" No such thing until the ruling by a judge and even then there is the appeals process.
                  Best not to respond to "Winning" claims and await proper judgements.
                  The true measure of economics is not wealth but happiness

Comment

Any movement on this? I have a complaint against Firstplus Elderbridge etc with the Financial Ombudsman - originally for unfair interest rates prior to the financial meltdown, which they ignored, but they have included me in a complaint re interest rates since the meltdown. Its well over 2 years since we started the complaint and it has been through at least 3 sets of hands since then. We get a letter every three months or so letting us know it still has a pulse.

Comment

The claim has been settled. Nice to read the FOS is taking its time, perhaps now they are thinking about giving the consumer some credit for their complaint/s.

Comment

I suspect they are waiting for a court case to settle the law, but have not been able to clarify that. Alternatively they are waiting for the PPI window to close before opening up another cash stream for the PPI chasers.

Comment

Originally posted by EwanHusarmee View Post
                          I suspect they are waiting for a court case to settle the law, but have not been able to clarify that. Alternatively they are waiting for the PPI window to close before opening up another cash stream for the PPI chasers.
                          Have you read this ?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ght=disclosure

Comment

Thanks Fred, but I'm struggling to understand how this impacts my FOS case. Is the implication that the OFT has already ruled the interest rates variation clause in the contract was unfair and that they should have reduced rates when the BoE rates plummeted?

My original complaint was based on the FP salesman telling me that they would keep their rates competitive, otherwise I would move the loan elsewhere. After 2008 nobody was offering these loans so I was not too upset by the rate hike, but prior to 2008 I could have got much better rates than they were charging me, but could not afford to swap due to rule of 78 and PPI (PPI claim won in 2010). It still rankles that there is no punnishment for the blatant lie by the salesman, but if there is still hope of a settlement, I should chill and wait. Afterall, where else can you get 8% interest on your money these days.

Comment

Hi, does anyone have any updates for ongoing FOS cases regarding the interest rate?

Now they are writing to say their rates are going up, there should be new impetuous. I have had some discussions with Fred on this, but would like to know if there has been any traction with previous claims.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax71 View Post
                                Decided it was time to file my claim after attempting to get the regulators to do their job. Over 5 years the FOS, the OFT, the PHSO, the ICO and the CMA have all considered disclosure of information that would assist me in identifying whether I have been wronged. They have colluded to ensure information that would answer my contentions straight away is not shared, even under the stringent EA241A disclosure legislation. Shocking doesn't quite do this charade justice.

Anyhow as the published accounts clearly show that the only increased costs incurred by the bank are PPI related, e.g. introducer commissions (69% of total income at inception), whilst everything else, e.g. interest expense & operating costs have plummeted, my claim is a pretty simple one.
                                What costs havebeen incurred by the lender, above and beyond those in place at loaninception, that legitimately explain why our loan liability (Capitalplus Interest) over the course of 25 years should be increased.

The loan book was sold to Elderbridge Ltd in January and neither would admit it was their responsibility to defend the claim at LBA stage - so I've filed against both - let the court decide.

I've asked for the claim to be considered under, but not limited to, the CCA 140 Unfair Relationships.

I've included the summary discussions that were disclosed recently disclosed http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ight=firstplus
                                as this spells out the OFT's initial thoughts, i.e. that it was an unfair relationshipbut then failed to progress that point, and included a brief summary of the accounts over the last 10 years showing the shift in the income activity. Note - only legitimate costs that have an effect on my loan can be passed on to my APR.

My claim here is for fairness, not to avoid my liability, it always has been, always will be. The bottom line is I'm being made to pay extra due to the banks failed business model which was built in PPI.

Fingers crossed that I get a decent judge. I've requested, as a minimum, removal of the excess liability, unless legitimate costs are identified.
                                Halifax71 how did you get on????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X