Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax71 View Post
    Decided it was time to file my claim after attempting to get the regulators to do their job. Over 5 years the FOS, the OFT, the PHSO, the ICO and the CMA have all considered disclosure of information that would assist me in identifying whether I have been wronged. They have colluded to ensure information that would answer my contentions straight away is not shared, even under the stringent EA241A disclosure legislation. Shocking doesn't quite do this charade justice.

Anyhow as the published accounts clearly show that the only increased costs incurred by the bank are PPI related, e.g. introducer commissions (69% of total income at inception), whilst everything else, e.g. interest expense & operating costs have plummeted, my claim is a pretty simple one.
    What costs havebeen incurred by the lender, above and beyond those in place at loaninception, that legitimately explain why our loan liability (Capitalplus Interest) over the course of 25 years should be increased.

The loan book was sold to Elderbridge Ltd in January and neither would admit it was their responsibility to defend the claim at LBA stage - so I've filed against both - let the court decide.

I've asked for the claim to be considered under, but not limited to, the CCA 140 Unfair Relationships.

I've included the summary discussions that were disclosed recently disclosed http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ight=firstplus
    as this spells out the OFT's initial thoughts, i.e. that it was an unfair relationshipbut then failed to progress that point, and included a brief summary of the accounts over the last 10 years showing the shift in the income activity. Note - only legitimate costs that have an effect on my loan can be passed on to my APR.

My claim here is for fairness, not to avoid my liability, it always has been, always will be. The bottom line is I'm being made to pay extra due to the banks failed business model which was built in PPI.

Fingers crossed that I get a decent judge. I've requested, as a minimum, removal of the excess liability, unless legitimate costs are identified.

Dear Sir/Madam

Ring me onxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx between 11am - 8pm, and I will talk to you about what you could do now. We also have a court case with Elderbridge Ltd and so far we are winning. In the mean time research on internet OR YouTube words like SECURITISATION, UK SECURITISATION REGULATIONS AND LAWS, SPV'S (SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES) NOVATION DEED, FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING, BANKING LAWS, PROPERTY ACT 1925, REDEEMING OF DEBT TO GET BACK YOUR ORIGINAL NOTE (NOT PHOTOCOPY)

Hope this helps
    NMaya
    Last edited by Amethyst; 8th August 2017 at 07:57:AM. Reason: removed phone number

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narmaya View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam

Ring me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx between 11am - 8pm, and I will talk to you about what you could do now. We also have a court case with Elderbridge Ltd and so far we are winning. In the mean time research on internet OR YouTube words like SECURITISATION, UK SECURITISATION REGULATIONS AND LAWS, SPV'S (SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES) NOVATION DEED, FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING, BANKING LAWS, PROPERTY ACT 1925, REDEEMING OF DEBT TO GET BACK YOUR ORIGINAL NOTE (NOT PHOTOCOPY)

Hope this helps
    NMaya
    "Winning" could you PM me with a little more detail please...
    Last edited by Amethyst; 8th August 2017 at 07:58:AM.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

"Winning" No such thing until the ruling by a judge and even then there is the appeals process.
    Best not to respond to "Winning" claims and await proper judgements.
    The true measure of economics is not wealth but happiness

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Any movement on this? I have a complaint against Firstplus Elderbridge etc with the Financial Ombudsman - originally for unfair interest rates prior to the financial meltdown, which they ignored, but they have included me in a complaint re interest rates since the meltdown. Its well over 2 years since we started the complaint and it has been through at least 3 sets of hands since then. We get a letter every three months or so letting us know it still has a pulse.

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

The claim has been settled. Nice to read the FOS is taking its time, perhaps now they are thinking about giving the consumer some credit for their complaint/s.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I suspect they are waiting for a court case to settle the law, but have not been able to clarify that. Alternatively they are waiting for the PPI window to close before opening up another cash stream for the PPI chasers.

VIP Member

Mentions
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EwanHusarmee View Post
    I suspect they are waiting for a court case to settle the law, but have not been able to clarify that. Alternatively they are waiting for the PPI window to close before opening up another cash stream for the PPI chasers.
    Have you read this ?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ght=disclosure

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Fred, but I'm struggling to understand how this impacts my FOS case. Is the implication that the OFT has already ruled the interest rates variation clause in the contract was unfair and that they should have reduced rates when the BoE rates plummeted?

My original complaint was based on the FP salesman telling me that they would keep their rates competitive, otherwise I would move the loan elsewhere. After 2008 nobody was offering these loans so I was not too upset by the rate hike, but prior to 2008 I could have got much better rates than they were charging me, but could not afford to swap due to rule of 78 and PPI (PPI claim won in 2010). It still rankles that there is no punnishment for the blatant lie by the salesman, but if there is still hope of a settlement, I should chill and wait. Afterall, where else can you get 8% interest on your money these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123