• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim against Barclays / Firstplus & Elderbridge Ltd

I take it the £25K you paid was to cover the outstanding balance made under the court order ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      I take it the £25K you paid was to cover the outstanding balance made under the court order ?
      That was supposed to clear the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatefirstplus View Post
        That was supposed to clear the debt.
        We have had the same issue with regards to the PPI refund being split so the arrears was not cleared in full. This meant that Firstplus court order for us to pay an additional £100 a month stayed in place. Took this issue up with Firstplus (Red Castle) with no response. Since Elderbridge took on the Loan I sent them copies of all letters and the signed "Acceptance" letter sent to First Plus to pay off all arrears and as yet 3 months later still no response on this.

Mind you got a letter today from Elderbridge stating that the interest rate on our loan has been reduced due to the recent announcements, however after reviewing our account they are not going to pass this on!!! surely this is not legal as they are not reducing the capital loan owed and taking funds for arrears that should not be there.

Let me know how you get on with them

Comment

Hello,

Reading this thread and associated links today has been a revelation. My parents took out a large loan with First Plus in 2008, I think around £80,000. This has been bring repaid at around £760 per month ever since. My parents have since separated and my Dad is left paying this loan, plus the mortgage by himself which is crippling him financially and having a devastating effect.

After eight years of paying it off, he still owes £80,000 (I would have to check exact figures).

I have pursued an unfair relationship complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and tried appealing to Barclays (before it was sold to Elderbridge) but with no results.

Has anybody actually succeeded in getting any positive outcome at all from this? Is there anything else I can possibly do to try and ease this for him?

Due to this taking up every penny of his income, the house has since fallen badly into disrepair, with no proper heating etc. and his health is now failing. He may need to utilise the payment insurance on the loan if he has to give up work after forty years of hard work but I can only imagine any payment protection they offer won't be of any help or use at all from these charlatans.

Any responses much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian4604 View Post
            Hello,

Reading this thread and associated links today has been a revelation. My parents took out a large loan with First Plus in 2008, I think around £80,000. This has been bring repaid at around £760 per month ever since. My parents have since separated and my Dad is left paying this loan, plus the mortgage by himself which is crippling him financially and having a devastating effect.

After eight years of paying it off, he still owes £80,000 (I would have to check exact figures).

I have pursued an unfair relationship complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and tried appealing to Barclays (before it was sold to Elderbridge) but with no results.

Has anybody actually succeeded in getting any positive outcome at all from this? Is there anything else I can possibly do to try and ease this for him?

Due to this taking up every penny of his income, the house has since fallen badly into disrepair, with no proper heating etc. and his health is now failing. He may need to utilise the payment insurance on the loan if he has to give up work after forty years of hard work but I can only imagine any payment protection they offer won't be of any help or use at all from these charlatans.

Will try & get back to you later today, meantime, have you read this;

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ight=FIRSTPLUS

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian4604 View Post
              Hello,

When in 2008 was the loan signed, before or after April 6th ?

What are/is the interest rate/s was there only upward variation, have you had a reduction of 5% recently ?

What points did you give the FOS to assess an unfair relationship ?

Yes, there are some potential positives pending what you/your Dad has.

Was this PPI insurance provided by Firstplus ? see link; http://www.barclays.co.uk/Generalinf...P1242601758896

A copy of the terms & conditions (redacted) would be great although most of FPs are very similar.

Something to be going on with for now perhaps.

Comment

Hi- any update oh how things went with Elserbridge ? just starting the take of asking for info myself

Comment

Originally posted by Netty1 View Post
                  Hi- any update oh how things went with Elserbridge ? just starting the take of asking for info myself
                  Having been stung and seeing no way out. Is anyone coming up with a cunning direction? Surely if enough little fish swam in the same direction?

Comment

There are a couple of cases coming up proving they do not fall into mediation.

Comment

Would the results be published?

Comment

The results of any mediation are usually subject to confidentiality clauses in the form of Tomlin order. However above (post 7) is mentioned a case where the interest term has been ruled unfair using the UTCCR 5.1 regulations which was in the district courts so sadly only directly applicable to that specific case.

Comment

Hi all,
                          OK my situation is i borrowed 50k back in 2006 and have a current balance of 66k. Elderbridge pulled the plug in Jan 2016 and told me i cant afford the payments and will be repossessed soon as. I went to a suspended possession hearing 3 weeks ago which was granted and i am now waiting for my date to vacate.
                          My house is up for sale and that is my only option . The Elderridge solicitor is a patronising git who gave me the number for Shelter. Not alot of help out there now there where some sites a few years ago fighting First Plus but seem to have died. Ive got maybe a couple of months before they take control, any help or info would be gratefully accepted.
                          Steve.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spyker68;716972]Hi all,
                            OK my situation is i borrowed 50k back in 2006 and have a current balance of 66k. Elderbridge pulled the plug in Jan 2016 and told me i cant afford the payments and will be repossessed soon as. I went to a suspended possession hearing 3 weeks ago which was granted and i am now waiting for my date to vacate.
                            My house is up for sale and that is my only option . The Elderridge solicitor is a patronising git who gave me the number for Shelter. Not alot of help out there now there where some sites a few years ago fighting First Plus but seem to have died. Ive got maybe a couple of months before they take control, any help or info would be gratefully accepted.
                            Steve.[

Steve

When you write over sites that have died, who may I ask have you tried ? There is loads of information on here such as this thread. Are you saying you are not able to comply with suspended order ? Have you spoken with the CAB or shelter ?

What is it you would want to do about it ? Who was representing Elderbridge ?

Comment

Eversheds represented Elderbridge. I dont need this mess and now im going to lose my home. The shortfall also means im still not rid of these people.

Comment

Is it a twenty five year loan ? When you say shortfall do you mean arrears or the property will not cover the outstanding amount/s. ?

Is the suspended order based on paying the loan plus an additional amount for arrears ?
                                Last edited by Fred; 21st March 2017, 17:23:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X