• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form civil enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form civil enforcement

Hi,

I received a so called letter before action with a dreadful draft xclaim form from CEL in December. No details of the claim but dates back to May 2012. I wrote to them asking for more details which they have ignored and I've today received a claim form from Northampton with no particulars..just the amount which they are claiming. Signed by Mr Schwartz..

I'm just checking..is correct tactic to put the acknowledgement in now but obviously file no defence yet as I have no details of what I'm defending! Also should I be doing anything else while I prepare defence...contacting SRA about Schwartz for example?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Claim form civil enforcement

Yes acknowledge immediately but no defence yet.

Are they promising full details of the claim within 14 days? As this is before POFA then make sure that the driver is not identified.

Comment

Yes..in my previous correspondence I've been very careful to say nothing to them and to just ask for more details.

Comment

No acknowledgement until the particulars arrive.

Get your own confirmation from SRA that Schwartz has no standing to sign the claim.

I suggest you contact the SRA.

contactcentre@sra.org.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to you to enquire about Mr Michael David Schwartz #118966 who was/is subject to control of practice as per http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...ticle?decision

It is my understanding that "Mr Schwartz shall act as a solicitor only in employment, the arrangements for which have been approved by the SRA."

As he is lodging claim forms with the courts, i would like to enquire if any arrangements are in place to allow him to do so ?

Yours Sincerely

This has no effect on the court timescales and we must keep to those.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X