• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Enforcement

Just received in the post an Enforcement Notice from HCE at my residential address.

What grounds can a Stay be applied?

Concerned have 2 vehicles on the drive (HP on both); one is my wife's but I'm registered keeper though insured by her. My car is registered in my company name.

Also what is the law on wheel clamp use?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of Enforcement

As far as I know if you have finance on the cars they won't be able to clamp it. Is your company limited or you're sole trader?

Comment

To confirm; finance is Hire Purchase not PCP; thought looking for equity in car and can only claim work purpose up to £1500?

Not a limited company?

Is it advisable to register wifes car in her name?

Comment

They cannot seize vehicles or other goods subject to hire purchase or rental agreements, tools or vehicles that are necessary to do your job for a max value of £1350.
        It will make no difference in who's name is the car if is HP on it they won't be able to touch it anyway .
        What they chasing you for ?

Comment

Originally posted by mcg View Post
          Just received in the post an Enforcement Notice from HCE at my residential address.

What grounds can a Stay be applied?

Concerned have 2 vehicles on the drive (HP on both); one is my wife's but I'm registered keeper though insured by her. My car is registered in my company name.

Also what is the law on wheel clamp use?

Many thanks
          They cannot claim an interest on HP vehicles, simply because they belong to someone else meaning they and not you hold ownership (title).

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Just found original sales invoice for wifes car and it states her name.

Will they not just clamp anyway to put on the pressure?

Chasing a money judgment for disputed supply of goods.

Comment

No they won't ,the cars belong to the place you bough it from until you finished paying for them . HCE cannot seize third party goods .
              If I was you I will try to sort the debt out , HCE are not the ordinary bailiff that tries their luck at your door, they have more power than that. In certain circumstances( if a door or window is unlocked/open) they have the right to enter the property etc .
              Is the debt personal or for the company?

Comment

Ok so wont clamp?

Understand can enter 'peacefully'.

If no cars/assets to cease or no entry forthcoming won't they after a few visits return the writ?

Comment

No they can't seize any goods that don't belong to the debtor . Of course , they can't force entry but for example, if they try the door and is unlocked they can enter the house , etc. If no goods are valuable enough to be seized and cover the debt they will inform the court/claimant etc and then it will be taken from there.
                  Now, I'm not 100% sure so you might want to look into that, but if the debtor has a shop, warehouse , offices etc they can start looking into that. Like I said I'm not entirely sure but I've heard of HCE force entry "commercial premises" to recover goods to cover the debt .

Comment

Also they can get a Charge order or Attachment of earnings . I don't know the circumstances of this matter so I can only outline the possibilities , I'm no expert just general knowledge and past experiences.

Comment

You can also apply to the High Court that issued the writ for Stay of execution ( form N244) or to Set asside ( N244 part3) if you're disputing the debt

Comment

Have got the Writ Stayed and faxed HCE with copy of Court Stamped application which was processed the same day. HCE wrote and stated will still enforce as no copy of Order. Should know Orders take days to produce with Courts being snowed under.

Anyone I can complain to?

Comment

Yes they can still enforce if no order was received. Have you phoned the Court?

Comment

Originally posted by mcg View Post
                            Have got the Writ Stayed and faxed HCE with copy of Court Stamped application which was processed the same day. HCE wrote and stated will still enforce as no copy of Order. Should know Orders take days to produce with Courts being snowed under.

Anyone I can complain to?
                            HCE would be very stupid to continue enforcement, Just make sure you keep a copy handy in case they do turn up. If they do then it is a case of ringing the Court while they are there.

Comment

Has the writ to be stayed was granted and you're waiting for the order?or you just applied for it ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X