• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifetime award stopped ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime award stopped ???

Can anyone advice I had an injury some years ago whilst at work and was getting a benefit called industrial injuries benefit this then changed to Reduced earnings allowance after being give a lifetime award this suddenly stopped I have never been able to earn the money I was earning before the injury so can I claim all the money I should have been getting back (some where near 8 years worth)

Any advice and guidance would be great Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lifetime award stopped ???

Who are you thinking of claiming this from?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Who are you thinking of claiming this from?
      Hi Wales01man I am hoping to have this repaid by the dwp as they should never have stopped it ?

Comment

God luck with that the way the benefits are being cut you will need a good case and a good solicitor IMO
        Wait for others on here who may be able to help

Comment

Hi Gerry

Have you spoken to DWP to find out why they stopped it, and if so what reason did they give?
          Was this stopped 8 years ago?
          If it was that long ago I expect you will have to make a new claim.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Hi Gerry

Have you spoken to DWP to find out why they stopped it, and if so what reason did they give?
            Was this stopped 8 years ago?
            If it was that long ago I expect you will have to make a new claim.
            Hi Des8

They told me at the time that the industrials injury benefit no longer was there

They never said that it was now replaced by reduced earnings allowance .And as I work but have never reached the earnings I was on I should have still been paid this

Thanks

Gerry0812

Comment

Just to be clear:
              Are you saying that the DWP told you (in writing?) that Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit became Reduced Earnings Allowance and at that time stopped your benefits?

The reason I ask is because REA was a separate benefit to IIDB that could be paid on top off IIDB.
              It actually replaced Special Hardship Allowance.
              IIDB still exists (unless IDS has recently cut that as well!!)

Comment

Just to be clear:
                Are you saying that the DWP told you (in writing?) that Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit became Reduced Earnings Allowance and at that time stopped your benefits?

The reason I ask is because REA was a separate benefit to IIDB that could be paid on top off IIDB.
                It actually replaced Special Hardship Allowance.
                IIDB still exists (unless IDS has recently cut that as well!!)
                Hi Des08
                I have been looking for any mail sent by the DWP so far no luck you see what should have happened was they should have put me straight on the new Benefit once it changed but they never .it was only when I phoned them 8 years ago they told me that it had stopped but like you say it is still active ? I only found this out when looking up something for my grandson , I always thought that a lifetime award meant just that

Many Thanks Gerry0812

Comment

The difficulty you have is that there are time limits and certain procedures to be followed when challenging DWP decisions.

I'm very uncertain about the best way forward for you, but I would suggest an initial letter to DWP outlining the circumstances, and asking for an explanation.
                  Eventually you might need to enlist the help of your MP

Comment

The difficulty you have is that there are time limits and certain procedures to be followed when challenging DWP decisions.

I'm very uncertain about the best way forward for you, but I would suggest an initial letter to DWP outlining the circumstances, and asking for an explanation.
                    Eventually you might need to enlist the help of your MP
                    Hi Des8

Many Thanks for your help I will send them a letter and also get my mp involved once again Thanks
                    Gerry0812

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry0812 View Post
                      Hi Des8

Many Thanks for your help I will send them a letter and also get my mp involved once again Thanks
                      Gerry0812
                      After a letter to DWP and assuming it's ineffective, you could then take the issue to the Parliament Ombudsman (via your MP in Parliament as a formality) for maladministration.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                        After a letter to DWP and assuming it's ineffective, you could then take the issue to the Parliament Ombudsman (via your MP in Parliament as a formality) for maladministration.
                        Hi Openlaw
                        Thanks for your view you see the problems that this has brought on are bad you see I now have had 2 heart attacks which I believe has been due to the stress that I am under the last one being the 04/03/2016, I just don't understand how they can get away with this. But once I am well enough I will send in a letter and see what they have to say once again Thanks Gerry0812

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X