• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

McDonalds/MET Parking fine - Colindale London NW2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds/MET Parking fine - Colindale London NW2

Hi All,

I have been directed here from searches regarding this little racket run by MaCadees :taunt:. Here is a brief summary:

I have received the same PCN from MET parking Services because it appears that I had over-parked in the car park by 10 minutes. I was aware that you simply could not park in the car park without being a McDonalds customer, but didn't realise that they were being that strict and pedantic. While in the restaurant, a MET official did come round twice to ask if we were driving and what our reg. number was. he than simply crossed off the reg. number from his little notepad. because of this I thought nothing off the time restraints etc. we carried on with the meeting and ordered more teas/coffees etc. We had been to that particular restaurant many a times in the past - and even after this particular even occurred - so like I said thought nothing of it. Until I received this so called invoice for overstaying.

I have noticed that Mystery1 has been very helpful around this forum - God bless you man. So I was wondering if I can also ask for your assistance in this matter. I have attached a copy of the NTK ( notice to keeper) that I received. Also I have attached a "Challenge Template" that I have found on a different website - not sure if this is of any help.

Mystery1 - you help in this will be most helpful.

Regards
    LK
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: McDonalds/MET Parking fine - Colindale London NW2

If they know who was driving then keeper liability, a big defence point, is null.

The MET/McD contracts do not conform to the BPA code of practice although a few popla decisions seem to have survived this fault but many more haven't.

Contact the manager of McD and see if they can get it cancelled.

Also appeal to Met.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a genuine customer.

It is noted that your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2102 schedule 4 para 9.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If/when you get a popla code please let me know.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery1,

Apologies about the delay in responding - I am out of the country at the moment with limited access to the internet.
      Thank you soo much for your response. I shall get this done.

The manager of McDonalds is not helpful.

Many Thanks dude - you is a star.
      I shall let you know.

Thanks
      LK

Comment

Hi Mystery1,

I have been away for a few days - and have received the following in my absence.
        What would you advise?

It doesn't look like I would have a case - other than pay up. But any further advice would be appreciated.
        I'm just going to PM you a query question - i do hope you don;t mind.

Many Thanks
        LK
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LondonKid View Post
          Hi Mystery1,

I have been away for a few days - and have received the following in my absence.
          What would you advise?

It doesn't look like I would have a case - other than pay up. But any further advice would be appreciated.
          I'm just going to PM you a query question - i do hope you don;t mind.

Many Thanks
          LK

The chances of winning at popla are good although there are a few bad decisions coming out too so there are no guarantees. Let me know if you wish to appeal to popla. Any additional evidence, such as signs, are helpful.

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery

Many Thank for the reply.
            If then chance of winning the appeal is uncertain, than is it worth appealing? As i have this chance of paying the half price...where as if i lose the appeal than it would be 100 pounds. I'm just looking at the worst case scenario.

Also, what additonal evidence cpuld i use? Are you referring to like Pics of the car park....or the restaurant itself?

Thanks
            LK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X