• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Letter From Lowells, (Vodafone)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Letter From Lowells, (Vodafone)

Hi everyone

My girlfriend has just received a county court claim letter from Lowells stating she owes £159 plus £25 court fee and £50 legal reps costs

plus 8% interest.

the contract in question was paid in full, and was sent a PAYG sim and allowed to unlock the phone as we were moving provider.

thats the last i heard, up until now, no letters from voda stating we owed anything just a letter from lowells asking for money, checked her credit report, no defaults from vodafone, but now lowells have put a charge up stating

Lowell
    £ 151

06/01/2016
    Telecommunications Supplier

Account number

Account start date
    28/04/2010

Opening balance
    £ 151

Repayment frequency
    Monthly

Date of default
    03/07/2012

Default balance
    £ 151

but the status history starts from sept 2015??? not 2012

so vodafone haven't chased any debt and have just decided 4 years later that her account is in arrears and sold it on to lowells.

any advice how i should fill in the Claim form?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Letter From Lowells, (Vodafone)

Hi dazclayton & welcome to Legal Beagles

Could you please have a look here

& I'll ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to move you to the Court Claims section.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi dazclayton,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If your girlfriend would like any help from me, ask her to email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form she'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating her query in the question box, she'll also need to quote 'Legal Beagles'.

Once sent, she'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Good morning Daz,

The credit file now up dated by Lowell will start from the date Lowell became the " data controller " for the account.
        I suspect this may be an " early cancellation" charge.

The correct default date is showing as well.

No doubt Lowell will have purchased a portfolio of debts from VF including this one.

Has your girlfriend acknowledged service of the claim? If not is needs to be done asap.
        You / she can do this online at Money Claim Online (MCOL) Do not enter any defence at
        this stage.

What is your girlfriends intention to defend the claim in full?

The usual process is for a phone contract provider to issue a " Final Invoice/ demand to payment before recording a default.
        Was such an invoice received.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Hi dazclayton & welcome to Legal Beagles

Could you please have a look here

& I'll ask @Kati to move you to the Court Claims section.
          hi thanks for the warm welcome, sorry if i posted in the wrong area.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Good morning Daz,

The credit file now up dated by Lowell will start from the date Lowell became the " data controller " for the account.
            I suspect this may be an " early cancellation" charge.

The correct default date is showing as well.

No doubt Lowell will have purchased a portfolio of debts from VF including this one.

Has your girlfriend acknowledged service of the claim? If not is needs to be done asap.
            You / she can do this online at Money Claim Online (MCOL) Do not enter any defence at
            this stage.

What is your girlfriends intention to defend the claim in full?

The usual process is for a phone contract provider to issue a " Final Invoice/ demand to payment before recording a default.
            Was such an invoice received.

nem
            Hi Nem

thanks for replying, I'm in the process of filling out the details on the MCOL but the password they gave me is wrong, i intend to fully defend the claim and to just acknowledge the claim at this time so it gives me 30 days to do some digging and to ask for proof from lowells, I've never received any final invoices or demands from vodafone this is the first i've heard.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
            Hi dazclayton,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If your girlfriend would like any help from me, ask her to email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form she'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating her query in the question box, she'll also need to quote 'Legal Beagles'.

Once sent, she'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

hi lee

filled in the contact form so hopefully someone picks it up,

thanks

Comment

You can phone the court re the PW they may be able to help, was the PW " not recognised""

nem

Comment

Yes the password is not recognised, phoned the court and they stated the claim number I have them is not a MCOL case?? Even though it states it is on the letter? It definitely is because I logged in once to make a case but it timed out as I was writing this post last night. Now it won't let me back in. So I don't know where they are getting their info from? They just told me to fill out the form hard copy and send it in the post.

Comment

shall i just send back the acknowledgement of claim bit and leave the rest, also if the online password doesn't work how will i get my defense to them?

do they send another form with a new password for a defense or do you just send it in off your own back?

Comment

Hi dazclayton,

I've got the email and I'll get back to your girlfriend as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Hi Lee

No phone call as of yet?

Comment

Hi dazclayton,

Although I wasn't able to get back to your girlfriend last week, I'll aim to do so later today.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X