• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GMAC VT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAC VT

Hi, I'm looking at doing a VT on my current car with GMAC. The final payment for 50% will be due March 24th which I'm happy to pay early, I phoned them up earlier today about it and was told they'd send out a VT pack for me to fill out and send back to them but from reading other threads it seems I shouldn't sign anything apart from vehicle report. How should I go about getting the ball rolling and what should and shouldn't I do?
    Tags: None

Re: GMAC VT

Originally posted by Jacko87 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking at doing a VT on my current car with GMAC. The final payment for 50% will be due March 24th which I'm happy to pay early, I phoned them up earlier today about it and was told they'd send out a VT pack for me to fill out and send back to them but from reading other threads it seems I shouldn't sign anything apart from vehicle report. How should I go about getting the ball rolling and what should and shouldn't I do?
    Hi Jacko,

Have you actually notified them that you wish to VT or just inquired? You may wish to put your notice in formally so there is no dispute as to whether or not you did notify them to VT.

I've seen a couple of GMAC issues rise recently where they refuse to collect the vehicle if you do not sign any paperwork so you might need to stand your ground but I wouldn't sign the vehicle report if you are not happy with it. At best you should stipulate on both copies of the report that you have signed acknowledging that they have collected but do not agree to the charges.

Take a look at this thread, it should help you -> Click Here

First step to put in writing you wish to notify, and then we can deal with anything after that.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob, yeah I told them I wanted to VT and they said they'd send the pack out but I'm going to print off your letter and send to them today as well

Comment

Be aware, there have been threads on here that the agent will refuse to collect the vehicle if you do not sign the damage report, so if you don't wish to do this then you might want to incorporate something into the letter like you are not obliged to sign anything but merely hand over the vehicle.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Ok thanks I'll do that and get it sent off

Comment

I've just found out I've actually paid 1 extra payment beyond the halfway mark, is it worth putting on the letter that the overpayment will cover any damage needed to be repaired?

Comment

Just keep that argument in your back pocket all you need to do is evidence you have given them notice, and allow 14 days for collection of the vehicle.

Wait for the paperwork to come and bat back to them that you don't need to sign anything as there is no legal obligation.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I've received this letter from GMAC'S solicitor regarding payment for damages, what should I do next?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jacko87 View Post
                  I've received this letter from GMAC'S solicitor regarding payment for damages, what should I do next?
                  Hi Jacko

Sorry I seem to have missed this, do you still require help on this? Have you made any payment? or is this still outstanding
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi Rob, no worries. I haven't made any payment yet, I found the letter on the other thread you directed me to and was going to fill that in and email it to them, would that be the right way to go?

Comment

That would be a starting point yes, might be worthwhile taking a look at this thread also where Shoosmiths have been instructed and I think I've posted a couple of responses there too around post #12 -> http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ght=shoosmiths

This one may also be useful http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ght=shoosmiths
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks Rob, I've composed this email to send off, just double checking it with you

I am writing to you with reference to the above matter and your letter dated 23/03/16. Please note that liability in relation to the alleged outstanding balance for excessive damage to the vehicle is denied.

The vehicle was maintained in a reasonable condition throughout the period of the agreement and therefore such damage charges you are claiming would amount to fair wear and tear; the vehicle does not need to be returned to you in any better condition other than a reasonable one. Photographic evidence was taken prior to the vehicle being transferred to you which clearly shows that the vehicle was in a reasonable condition. The onus is on you to prove that the alleged damage caused was more than reasonable fair wear and tear.

Notwithstanding the above, I have paid circa 52% of the total amount payable and any alleged damage to the vehicle would be covered by these additional payments.*

In any event, such sums you are alleging to be owed may only be recovered by a court order only and should you wish to pursue this matter in court, your application will be strongly defended.

Please confirm by return that you agree this matter is now closed.

Yours faithfully

Comment

What's the * for? you could omit 52% and state that you have paid over 50% the total amount payable, other than that is fine by me.
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

I'm not sure where that came from its not on the email. Ok I'll change that bit and send it off and see what comes back. Thanks again Rob

Comment

I'm not sure where that came from its not on the email. I'll change that bit and get the email sent off. Thanks again for your help Rob

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X