• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot (Capital One Card Debt sold to them)

Morning [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION],

Thanks for the feedback. So what should I actually reply to the email then?

Many Thanks,
    POS

Comment

Re: CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot (Capital One Card Debt sold to them)

Originally posted by Pos1tive View Post
      Morning @nemesis45,

Thanks for the feedback. So what should I actually reply to the email then?

Many Thanks,
      POS
      A simple reply.

Ref: CC Claim No...............................:

Claimant Cabot/ Wright Hassall Solicitors.
      v

Pos.

Mediation Appointment.

I have not received any documents requested from Cabot and Wright Hassall and therefore am unable to enter into mediation.

Pos.

nem

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]. Will keep you all posted.

Comment

Hello All, @nemesis45 @Kati @charitynjw and @MIKE770,

I have just received an email from the Mediation Services. Would you suggest I should chase WrightHall Solicitors for the information they have not provided?

i.e. CCA, CPR, Apparent proof that my father made a deposit towards this bill a year ago?

"Thank you for your email.

If you do not have enough information from the other party, mediation cannot be arranged and the case will instead be transferred to a local court to proceed. Once the case has been transferred you will be notified in writing and that court will contact you with further directions.

In the interim you can try to contact the other party directly to request the information that you require. If the Judge at the local court maintains that the case is suitable for mediation, and you receive the information you require, please contact us again and we will try to arrange an appointment.

If you require any further information please contact us at the below details.

Regards"

Comment

No chasing - they know they have to produce - their failure means that you inform mediation the documents you requested have not been supplied - mediation will say that case mediation cannot take place and pass case back to county court who will inform you of the next step! you inform Mediation of their failure, in response.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION],

Mediation know now that they have not produced enough information for this to enter Mediation, but they mention in there email that this will be passed to a local court? :/

Comment

Thanks @MIKE770,

Mediation know now that they have not produced enough information for this to enter Mediation, but they mention in there email that this will be passed to a local court? :/
                the local court will contact you with the next move in the case, let us know straight away the info/request they send you!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION], will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Predictable response there so nothing to worry about. The final paragraph just means to put your defence in before the original deadline. They are not allowing any extension. So you can start putting that together based on http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...t-Court-Claims ready to send in around 10th March.
                    Typical response from Right Hassle!

They win from less engagement, greater silence from the public!

Comment

Hello All, @nemesis45 @Kati @charitynjw and @MIKE770,

I have just received an email from the Mediation Services. Would you suggest I should chase WrightHall Solicitors for the information they have not provided?

i.e. CCA, CPR, Apparent proof that my father made a deposit towards this bill a year ago?

"Thank you for your email.

If you do not have enough information from the other party, mediation cannot be arranged and the case will instead be transferred to a local court to proceed. Once the case has been transferred you will be notified in writing and that court will contact you with further directions.

In the interim you can try to contact the other party directly to request the information that you require. If the Judge at the local court maintains that the case is suitable for mediation, and you receive the information you require, please contact us again and we will try to arrange an appointment.

If you require any further information please contact us at the below details.

Regards"
                      No Pos you've done all you can requested documents responded properly and on time to all the court processes, this is typical Carboot failing to comply with requests for information and push the claim right to the line in the hope defendants will give in or make mistakes in the court processes.

nem

Comment

Thanks All. I will sit tight now and wait to hear from the courts. I feel like the Court are misinformed that this case shouldn't eve go to Court, seen as Wright Hassall has not at all in any way acknowledged anything that I have presented / mentioned in my Defence.

Will keep you posted Pos

Comment

Morning All, @nemesis45 @Kati @charitynjw and @MIKE770,

The Court have sent me a letter stating:

"To all parties
                          The Small Claims Mediation Team has arranged for your case to be transferred. If you have arranged mediation please continue to follow all instructions received as the appointment will still take place. If you have not been advised of an appointment, the team have unfortunately been unable to arrange mediation at this time. This claim has been transferred to the County Court Hearing Centre listed below for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judge's directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation.

If you would like any further information you can contact the local County Court Hearing Centre directly but please await the Judge's directions.

Contact details :
                          County Court at Kingston-Upon-Thames"

Is there something I should now do like write a letter?

Thanks All, Have a lovely Friday.

Pos

Comment

Morning All, @nemesis45 @Kati @charitynjw and @MIKE770,

The Court have sent me a letter stating:

"To all parties
                            The Small Claims Mediation Team has arranged for your case to be transferred. If you have arranged mediation please continue to follow all instructions received as the appointment will still take place. If you have not been advised of an appointment, the team have unfortunately been unable to arrange mediation at this time. This claim has been transferred to the County Court Hearing Centre listed below for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judge's directions will be sent to you in a notice of allocation.

If you would like any further information you can contact the local County Court Hearing Centre directly but please await the Judge's directions.

Contact details :
                            County Court at Kingston-Upon-Thames"

Is there something I should now do like write a letter?

Thanks All, Have a lovely Friday.

Pos
                            Good morning POS,

You will receive " directions" from your local court in due course.

nem

Comment

Hello All,

Hope all are well!

Still not heard anything from the Courts or Claimant. I will keep you all posted when I do

Pos1tive

Comment

Hello [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION],

I have finally got something back from my Fathers Local County Court. 3 Paged Letter. Please can anyone give me some advice on how to approach the following letter and what to do next?

Page 1:

General Form of Judgment or Order

In the County Court at XXXX
                                Claim Number XXXXXXXX
                                Date 6 July 2016

CABOT FINANCIAL (UK) LIMITED ft Claimant Ref XXXXXXX
                                XXXX XXXXX 1st Defendant Ref

Before District Judge Smart sitting at the County Court at XXXX

IT IS ORDERED THAT
                                1. District Judge Smart has considered the papers in this case and has allocated it to the Small Claims Track. The hearing of the case will take place on 28 September 2016 at 2pm at XXXX and should take no longer than 1 hour.

2. The parties shall send to the court and each other not later than 14 days prior to the hearing [a] written statements of the evidence of themselves and of any other witness whose evidence is relied on in support of the claim or the defence and [b] copies of any documents which they propose to rely on at the hearing. It is of the utmost importance that the parties do comply with this direction. Otherwise, the court may consider whether the claim of a claimant who has not complied should be struck out or the defence and any counterclaim of a defendant who has not complied should be struck out and judgment given against them. There is also a risk that the hearing will have to be adjourned and the party who has not complied ordered to pay the wasted costs of the other parties which result from the adjournment. Witness statements of the parties and their other witnesses must: a) state the full name and address of the witness; b) set out the witness's evidence clearly in numbered paragraphs and on numbered pages; c) end with this paragraph: 'I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true' (or words to that effect);and d) be signed by the witness and dated.

3. The parties shall not be permitted to rely on any expert evidence on the hearing without the prior permission of the court.

Page 2:

You must pay to the court a fee for the hearing. This fee must be paid by 20 July 2016 even if mediation is pending. The amount of the fee depends on the amount of your claim (disregarding any claim for costs). In your case the amount is £80. If you are successful in the case, you can ask the court to consider ordering the other party to repay to you any court fees you have incurred. If you are receiving a prescribed means tested benefit or can demonstrate that your gross household income is below a threshold that probably entitles you to such a benefit you may be entitled to remission of the fee. You may also be entitled to remission or partial remission under a detailed means test which takes account of gross income and fixed outgoings. If you require further information about an application for remission, you should contact the court office.

To make a payment to The County Court at XXXX:

Cheque/ postal order - Post to The County Court at XXXX - made payable to "'EVICTS."

Card payment - You can telephone the Court on XXXX to make a payment between 10:00am and 3:00pm on weekdays. Credit and Debit cards are accepted for all Court fees; regrettably the Court does not accept American Express.

Dated 6 July 2016

Page 3:

Notice of Trial Date
                                In the County Court at XXXX
                                Claim Number XXXXXXXX

Date 4 July 2016
                                CABOT FINANCIAL (UK) LIMITED 1st Claimant Ref XXXXXXX
                                XXXX XXXX 1st Defendant Ref

The trial of the above claim will take place at 2:00 PM
                                on XX September 2016 with a time estimate of 1 hour.
                                at XXXX

Any application in the case must be made to the court where the case is to be tried.

Please note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different Court.

NOTICE TO PARTIES - SMALL CLAIMS HEARINGS This case has been listed in a "back to back" list. These lists are designed to clear a large amount of small claims hearings by arranging a number of cases in a single list to be heard by one of up to 6 District Judges. Court staff are unable to inform you of the Judge or the exact time of the hearing. You should attend Court at the time shown on your hearing notice. Any queries over the listing of the case, orders from the hearing or applications to adjourn should be made to this Court. In addition to this any applications that are received later than 5 working days before the hearing will be extremely difficult to refer to a Judge for approval due to the busy nature of the hearing lists. On these occasions the application will be put on the file to be dealt with at the hearing. If you do not receive a response to your application before the hearing it will denote that the case remains in the list. Court staff are not legally trained and cannot give advice as to whether you should attend your hearing or not.

Date: 4 July 2016

Please Note, my father is 64 Years Old, Heart Patient, has no Savings / Assets to his name whatsoever .

Many Thanks for your advice in Advance.

Pos1tive

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X