• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot (Capital One Card Debt sold to them)

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], So I Send My Original Witness Statement with this added to the end of it?

Or.

1. Witness Statement and This Statement as a separate Document
    2. Witness Statement and This Statement combined.

Also a Short Covering Letter to the Courts and the Claimants Solicitors?

Thanks Nem

Comment

Re: CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot (Capital One Card Debt sold to them)

Yep Pos I can't think of a better way.

nem

Comment

Hello @nemesis45 @Kati @charitynjw @MIKE770 @Amethyst,

Hope you had a nice weekend. I have finally posted the Witness Statement to the Courts on behalf of my father.

I have a question. Is it necessary to send this also to Wright Hassall Solicitors? Do I send the same covering letter I sent to the Courts as well? Does this also have to be sent to the Claimants Solicitors before 14 Days of the Hearing?

Please Advise

Many Thanks,
        Pos

Comment

I would send copy to wright hassall as well recorded delivery

always follow court instruction regarding does/dates/.

Comment

Originally posted by Pos1tive View Post

Hope you had a nice weekend. I have finally posted the Witness Statement to the Courts on behalf of my father.

I have a question. Is it necessary to send this also to Wright Hassall Solicitors? Do I send the same covering letter I sent to the Courts as well? Does this also have to be sent to the Claimants Solicitors before 14 Days of the Hearing?

Please Advise

Many Thanks,
            Pos

Yes to all - you must send a copy to the claimant's solicitors to arrive 14 days before the hearing, and as Mike says, it is a very good idea to use a recorded delivery service.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank You for advising [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION],

I shall put it in the Post today for next day delivery to Wright Hassall Solicitors. On 14th Sept its exactly 14 Days from the hearing.

I shall keep all posted.

Thanks again. Pos

Comment

Hope you are all Well.

I have some Good News, I got a Letter Titled "Notice of discontinuance"

"The Claimant discontinues all of this (Claim)""

I shall ring the courts to double confirm they have also received this information.

I cannot begin to share my gratitude for all the assistance and help with this matter you have all kindly given and what a relief it is for my father that he will not have to go to court - Thank You.

The only thing I want to do now is get this stopped. It is coming up to 6 years, I just want to know the process of getting this barred? If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Pos
                Last edited by Pos1tive; 21st September 2016, 15:54:PM.

Comment

well done ring the court in a couple of days

Comment

time barred automatically after the 6 years period where no acknowledgement took place or payed anything!

Comment

• Re: CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot (Capital One Card Debt sold to them)

Please Advise

Many Thanks,
                      Pos
                      Hello Pos, yes you must send the same things to WH as you have sent to the court.

nem

Comment

• Re: CCJ from Wright Hassall on behalf of Cabot (Capital One Card Debt sold to them)

It's been discontinued Nem xx

The only thing I want to do now s get this stopped. It is coming up to 6 years, I just want to know the process of getting this barred? If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
                        The court claim puts the stat barring on hold but now they have discontinued your stat barring time continues as it was before the claim. So if last payment was end of Feb 2010 you should already be fine even if you account for a two/three month period before they were entitled to reclaim the entire debt, and full default was also in 2010 too I believe.

Usually you hear nothing else after discontinuance anyway so I wouldn't be worrying too much on that score
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION],

I Posted the same to WH Solicitors as I sent to the Courts.

I hand Delivered to the Courts and done a special Delivery to WH Solicitors

I think having received this, that WH decided to discontinue the Claim.

Happy Days

Comment

Hope you are all Well.

I have some Good News, I got a Letter Titled "Notice of discontinuance"

"The Claimant discontinues all of this (Claim)""

I shall ring the courts to double confirm they have also received this information.

I cannot begin to share my gratitude for all the assistance and help with this matter you have all kindly given and what a relief it is for my father that he will not have to go to court - Thank You.

The only thing I want to do now is get this stopped. It is coming up to 6 years, I just want to know the process of getting this barred? If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Pos
                            Well done Positive you deserve a lot of credit for getting this sorted.

Apologies for mistaken earlier post laptop /e-mails and posts in a mess.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X