• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

High Court Enforcement Group Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Court Enforcement Group Ltd

Has anybody had any dealings with the High Court Enforcement Group?

I received a CCJ for a Fuel Card which I had on a failed business venture, and it was passed on to the High Court Enforcement Group [HCEG] for enforcement. The initial claim was stepped up to the High Courts, subsequently a High Court Writ has been issued.

On the18th December I came home from work to discover a letter from the HCEG, which stated they had taken control of my car, which was on the drive at the time. They also left a letter stating that they would be back with a locksmith to enter the premises if no contact was made.

I called the phone number [for the agent] on the letter and it diverted me to voicemail. Accordingly, I left a voicemail asking for a callback regarding their account. I never received any contact from the HCEA and the next contact was a further visit from one of his colleagues.

On his colleagues return, the landlord was in and the HCEA wasted no time in explaining the details of the debt with him. He mentioned to the landlord that as "I had failed to contact his colleague or his office", that the next visit would be with a van and locksmith to remove goods.
    I called the number for the second agent and again it went straight to voicemail. So I left a message. Quoted his reference gave two phone numbers and an email address he could contact me on. 5 days later there was no contact.

The second agent returned to the property again a week after to execute "His lawful right to arrest me, and force entry into the property". Needless to say the landlord prevented him from entering, and he left another letter for me. The letter was pretty much identical to the last, however the interest had increased.

Seeing as I had already attempted to contact the agents previously, I decided to send a letter into the company directly. I have attached a copy of the first letter [HCEGLetter1.pdf]. I sent this 1st class recorded, and it was received the following day and signed for.

To ensure that the office was aware I was in contact, I called them up and gave them the Royal Mail tracking number, which was added to the file by the lady that answered the phone.

10 days from receipt of the 1st letter, I hadn't received a response to the first letter. Accordingly I sent them another letter which I hope will prompt them to get in touch [HCEGLetter2.pdf].

In short;

Date Description of Events
    18/12/2015 Mr N Burgin attended property, and took control of goods (Car Only). Left a letter.
    15/01/2016 Mr J Wykes attended. Told landlord about case.
    04/02/2016 Mr J Wykes attended. Told landlord about case again.
    08/02/2016 Letter sent to bailiffs highlighting their issues and inability to meet national standards. Offer placed in letter.
    09/02/2016 Called the Colwyn Bay Office and advised them of the tracking number of the letter I've sent.
    09/02/2016 Letter signed for by EVANS at HCEG Colwyn Bay Branch.
    19/02/2016 2nd Letter sent advising of upcoming criminal charges against Mr J Wykes.
    19/02/2016 Called the Colwyn Bay Office and advised them of the tracking number of the letter I've sent.
    The way they've acted up until now is ridiculous! They keep turning up trying their bullyboy tactics on the landlord, and yet when I try contacting them I don't get any response. I have phoned their office on the day of sending the letters, and have given them the tracking numbers.

What other steps are there that I could take against them? It's extremely frustrating when you want to contact them and they don't seem to want to respond. Not knowing what is happening is the worst thing!
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X