• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter - No longer instructed in the matter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter - No longer instructed in the matter

Hello

I wonder if anyone can advise on this one.

I have recently taken over dealing with my husbands financial issues for reasons I have mentioned on another thread recently.

My husband had a Capital One credit card for many years and he had PPI on this credit card. When he come out of work he tried to claim on the PPI and was told that he could not as he had worked for a family business and could have influenced his own redundancy.

My husband at the time fought this and ended up taking Capital One to the Ombudsman (he was a direct PAYE employee and had worked for the company for years ) and the Ombudsman agreed in my husbands favour. However Capital one chose to ignore the Ombudsman's ruling!

This was then chased further and ignored by my husband and eventually a CCJ was received via Lowells and Bryan Carter. My husband defended this via the Courts online service by stating that the Ombudsman had found in his favour etc. This has not been responded to in months until today my husband received the letter attached below:

capital-one-bryan-carter-feb-2016a.pdf

Does this mean that Lowell will try a new route?
    What happens with the court action they have initiated and ignored for all these months?

I need to locate the documents from my husband so I can investigate this further as I currently have limited information.

Any comments / views on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Bryan Carter - No longer instructed in the matter

Originally posted by ij28 View Post
    Hello

I wonder if anyone can advise on this one.

I have recently taken over dealing with my husbands financial issues for reasons I have mentioned on another thread recently.

My husband had a Capital One credit card for many years and he had PPI on this credit card. When he come out of work he tried to claim on the PPI and was told that he could not as he had worked for a family business and could have influenced his own redundancy.

My husband at the time fought this and ended up taking Capital One to the Ombudsman (he was a direct PAYE employee and had worked for the company for years ) and the Ombudsman agreed in my husbands favour. However Capital one chose to ignore the Ombudsman's ruling!

This was then chased further and ignored by my husband and eventually a CCJ was received via Lowells and Bryan Carter. My husband defended this via the Courts online service by stating that the Ombudsman had found in his favour etc. This has not been responded to in months until today my husband received the letter attached below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22561[/ATTACH]

Does this mean that Lowell will try a new route?
    What happens with the court action they have initiated and ignored for all these months?

I need to locate the documents from my husband so I can investigate this further as I currently have limited information.

Any comments / views on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Shame no one answered you as I have received the exact letter two weeks before I am due in Court by them... Did you find anything else out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dorsetbabe View Post
      Shame no one answered you as I have received the exact letter two weeks before I am due in Court by them... Did you find anything else out?
      No nothing unfortunately at this point in time. I will try to delve deeper this weekend.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X