• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Eviction date's and 2 months notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eviction date's and 2 months notice

I have friends who today received an order to take back a rented property, they're not in arrears and have not caused mischief it's just a case of the landlord want to make further monies by turning it into flats...

My question' are .... The eviction notice served today (18th), hand delivered had yesterday's date on(17th)...!! And is it not right that the date moved in and the date eviction is served has to be the same.. Ie signed 19th June 2013 (Moved in) And eviction notice gives 2 month notice from the 19th of any said month..??

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Eviction date's and 2 months notice

Hi and welcome stu, I will give [MENTION=60653]crazy[/MENTION];council a shout he may be able to help you.
    Last edited by enaid; 19th February 2016, 05:42:AM.

Comment

Hi

Is the notice a section 21. ( i presume so ). Did the LL protect the deposit in one of the goverment scheems
      Your landlord can really pick any date after the fist period of the tenacy ( 6 months or a year ) , its just easier to do them around payment dates, but not required

I know its harsh, you pay your rent for uears with no trouble and then you get notice like this.

Its worth looking at this scheem for the future https://www.ownyourhome.gov.uk/?gcli...Fecp0wod0DMO0A
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by stu82 View Post
        I have friends who today received an order to take back a rented property, they're not in arrears and have not caused mischief it's just a case of the landlord want to make further monies by turning it into flats...

My question' are .... The eviction notice served today (18th), hand delivered had yesterday's date on(17th)...!! And is it not right that the date moved in and the date eviction is served has to be the same.. Ie signed 19th June 2013 (Moved in) And eviction notice gives 2 month notice from the 19th of any said month..??

Thanks
        When you say order, do you mean a court order? Were the persons given 2 months notice assuming it's an assured tenancy type prior to the order? I'm assuming that's the case. If there is a court order it means the landlord can have bailiffs appointed. More importantly what were/ are the terms of the lease, ie how long was the lease, when was it due to expire if for a fixed term lease?
        Last edited by Openlaw15; 19th February 2016, 14:58:PM. Reason: were not where

Comment

In order to regain the property the LL has to issue a S21 notice and then when that has expired , if your friend has not moved out will have to go to the court to gain possession.

If you friend is a family and want to get into social housing or whatever the correct phrase is now they need to hang on and wait until at least the court has served a possession notice otherwise the bureaucracy at the council will deem them to have become intentionally homeless

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X