• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN when I paid using an app! :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN when I paid using an app! :(

Hello,

Hoping someone can be as helpful as on previous posts!
    Parked yesterday at an NCP in Cheltenham and decided to try the app to pay instead of fumbling for change. Noted the car park code and started downloading it (on Cheltenham 3g internet..) as I walked into town. It must have taken under 10 minutes but in the time I was stood at the meter to note the code, downloading and registering with the app I got a ticket! £100, £60 paid early is ridiculous especially as I already paid (plus the administration fee for the app they don't tell you about until you've paid..)!! The witness time was 7 minutes before the issue time (which seems like a short grace period) and the issue time was exactly the same minute as my app paid parking kicked in. Do I have grounds to appeal? Can attach photos of the ticket and app history if needed.

Grateful for any advice
    Tags: None

Re: PCN when I paid using an app!

Interesting. Sounds like he may not have checked ringo after observing.

Can you get a picture of the sign ?

And the ticket, suitably sanitised.

M1

Comment

if ringo is the database for app paid parkers they may have checked it after observing but it looks like the ticket was issued in the same minute as my parking kicked in! my argument is in the time i walked up to the sign, stood under it for a minute, started downloading the app, decided to start walking into town, registered and paid they have managed to walk up and ticket my car - thoughts are that theyve watched me park, watched me walk up to the sign and then off without buying a physical ticket/back to my car and jumped at the oppurtunity! i accept that i was parked for around 8 minutes without having paid, but i tried my hardest to pay asap, and i did actually pay for 2 hours parking which i didnt fully use and STILL received the fine! its just annoying, as if i had physically stood next to my car whilst the app was downloading they wouldnt have ticketed me

i live quite far from the actual car park but this is the place if you can zoom in!

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Drivers-vote-wheels-zealous-parking-enforcement/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...-ztgHNXzycM%3Astory-22862589-detail/story.html#

have attached my ticket and a screenshot of the app i used to park (12 february) (you can see i used the app previously but i had deleted it since then, as most car parks use a different app which i did actually have downloaded ready!)

thanks M1
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper wish to invoke your appeal procedure. The driver paid for parking and i attach a screenshot of the payment via the app.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If you get a popla code let me know.

M1

Comment

Thankyou!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X