• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to quantify financial loss caused by WRONG CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to quantify financial loss caused by WRONG CCJ?

:beagle2222:I had really bad luck with a letting agent.

We went once to Court, that's now finished.
    It's only important because he had my correct address used during that claim.

In 2014 he made a new claim against me and gave an arbitrary address for me, not the correct one.
    I didn't get any Court papers, but I had a CCJ entered against me.

I was refused the re-mortgaging of our home, a new phone, a
    loan to take advantage of a property opportunity.

The CCJ was set aside, but it cost me the fee and time wasted in Court, plus the bad credit and distress.

I want to make a claim for damages, but I do not know how to quantify the loss.
    How do I put a £number on all the damage?

Can anyone help, please?

I have until Friday to file a counterclaim.

Many thanks:beagle:
    Tags: None

Re: How to quantify financial loss caused by WRONG CCJ?

Could you clarify why you are filing a counterclaim? The CCJ is set aside, has the court initiated a new hearing?

Also the first time you went to court, does the second claim relate to the first claim? or is the company making a claim for something else?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,
      Thanks for replying.

CCJ is set aside now, but I suffered financial loss while I had it against my name and that's why I would like to counterclaim.

First time was a different claim.
      Thanks

Comment

So it was set aside, on what basis? and why did the judge not order a re-trial or did they then withdraw? bit more information would help on this.

Did you ever live at the address on the claim form which the agency put down? Have you moved address since the first court claim?
        Last edited by R0b; 11th February 2016, 16:35:PM.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Just checking, the ccj was set aside, is the claim continuing with you filing a defence and counterclaim ? ( ie whats the order from the court following the set aside hearing )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Claim is not continued, it is a separate claim he wants to make
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi Amethyst and Rob,
              As I'm new, I'd like to know how to keep the icons chosen by me in first post on subsequents ones.
              Yes, claim continues with defence and counterclaim.
              I have never lived at that address. This agent is notoriously negligent with his court papers, littered with 'errors', eg misspelt names, naming my husband on Part. of Claim when there is a Court Order saying that only I transacted with him, etc.

Comment

Hi Rob,
                Perhaps. Regardless of what he wants to do/will do, I have to counterclaim for his bogus claim that attracted the CCJ.

I reiterate my question; how do I quantify the financial loss?
                If the flat I wanted to buy for £260,000 in Jan 2015 is now £320,000 and I missed that opportunity, how much do I claim in loss due to CCJ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X